Nine Days of DREAMin' 12/3-12 WOOOHOO!!!

floatingaway2525

Floatie:

Absolutely the most amazing pictures I have seen. That rainbow is fabulous! As for docking, I said Rut Row, when I saw where the Dream was suppose to pull in, next to Atlantica and saw those flipper thingys sticking out. But I have seen Captain/Pilots do wonders, so I thought they knew what they were doing, and I guess they did! Cudos for the Captain making a less than desirable decision for the safety of his ship and passengers.

Nancy

HIYA Nancy!! What a sweet thing to say, thank you....The rainbows on this trip were SO incredible!! Never in all these years of sailing have I seen so many!!!

Exactly right on the cudos to the Captain...he did what he is supposed to do...

Floatie, your pics sailing into San Juan are stunning! I was still in bed at this point after having been up too late the night before. Can't believe what I missed (even though I have sailed into San Juan before).

The contrast of the stormy vs. sunshine pics and the rainbow are so vivid! And I agree, I've never seen so many rainbows on a cruise before. Amazing!!

I also support the Captain in his decision and compliment Todd and John for doing such a good job on their show to explain to passengers the logistics of what had happened and why we couldn't dock there. I was very impressed when a new slate of activities were quickly scheduled and the new Capers were circulating. They tried to make the best of an undesirable situation; it's just a shame that not all of the passengers did the same. As far as our gang, we had a terrific sea day!

One of the hilarious memories of that day came when a certain member of our gang, who had slept through all the announcements abut the port being cancelled, arrived on aft deck later in the day and asked (in all seriousness) what we did and how we all enjoyed San Juan. I thought I was going to die laughing!!!!! Just too funny....

Floatie..fabulous pictures and wonderful review! Not to beat a dead horse or anything, but...we missed San Juan?

No silly,remeber,we ate breakfast there at a wondrful place with unlimited waterfront seating and waterslides:p

Vicki,you are right,that was one of the funniest moments of the trip.

Eva,thanks for taking me back there again.Happy New Year guys.

Floatie, your pics sailing into San Juan are stunning! I was still in bed at this point after having been up too late the night before. Can't believe what I missed (even though I have sailed into San Juan before).

The contrast of the stormy vs. sunshine pics and the rainbow are so vivid! And I agree, I've never seen so many rainbows on a cruise before. Amazing!!

I also support the Captain in his decision and compliment Todd and John for doing such a good job on their show to explain to passengers the logistics of what had happened and why we couldn't dock there. I was very impressed when a new slate of activities were quickly scheduled and the new Capers were circulating. They tried to make the best of an undesirable situation; it's just a shame that not all of the passengers did the same. As far as our gang, we had a terrific sea day!

One of the hilarious memories of that day came when a certain member of our gang, who had slept through all the announcements abut the port being cancelled, arrived on aft deck later in the day and asked (in all seriousness) what we did and how we all enjoyed San Juan. I thought I was going to die laughing!!!!! Just too funny....

Floatie..fabulous pictures and wonderful review! Not to beat a dead horse or anything, but...we missed San Juan?

No silly,remeber,we ate breakfast there at a wondrful place with unlimited waterfront seating and waterslides:p

Vicki,you are right,that was one of the funniest moments of the trip.

Eva,thanks for taking me back there again.Happy New Year guys.

ROFLMAO!!!!! We had so many great laughs that day, priceless!!! It was fun getting some grouchies around us laughing too:p, when we were on Lido discussing how much FUN we had at SJ LMAO!!!!

Well I had an impromtu nap, gotta love slug days:D

It's Happy Hours, CHEERS!!!:cool::D

This is hysterical:D:D:D

We are loving this review and all the pictures..can't wait for our turn

After breakfast, I opted for more ship-wandering...there is so much to see on this ship!!

I went down to Deck 5 and sat for a while in the PB and watched the crew busy outside on the Promenade...the crew always fascinate, they are so intent on their work and it never stops...this man was painstakingly painting the hand rails with a bitty roller....

IMG_2280.jpg

IMG_2281.jpg

IMG_2282.jpg

I went over to the library, then made my way forward to the Atrium to see what was going on....I love this glowy Atrium and wanted to get some more pics...

IMG_2301.jpg

The elevators changed colors too!

IMG_2305.jpg

IMG_2297.jpg

I wandered back up to Lido to see what was going on...it was actually feeling like a port day on board, and I do not understand all the discussion about "crowds" in the public areas, I just don't get it, and I didn't see it...

IMG_2291.jpg

IMG_2292.jpg

It was time for lunch, and it was Deli day since it's one of my favorites, yum...still the best Reubens evah!!

IMG_2286.jpg

And I know I know, I shouldn't have really, but there I was at the Lido aft dessert bar and one of my favorites, double choco cake was there, and something I had not seen before...so of course I HAD to try it so I could report back:p...omg, it's called "Fresh Fruit Custard Pie"...don't miss it is all I can say!!!

IMG_2290.jpg

Floatie, please do NOT take more pictures of the crowds like the ones on the Lido deck.:D:D I was there on that trip and I can't imagine where people got the idea everywhere there were crowds. We waited maybe 10 minutes in the Pasta Bar after our orders were in and I waited maybe 15 minutes embarkation day at the Mongolian Wok, but everyone was wanting the "stirfry" for their first meal. We ate our meals in the MDR as much as we could, never waited for a table and as soon as the table was filled, we ordered and were served.

All in all, it was a great cruise with different ports. We would sail her again.:D

Floatie, please do NOT take more pictures of the crowds like the ones on the Lido deck.:D:D I was there on that trip and I can't imagine where people got the idea everywhere there were crowds. We waited maybe 10 minutes in the Pasta Bar after our orders were in and I waited maybe 15 minutes embarkation day at the Mongolian Wok, but everyone was wanting the "stirfry" for their first meal. We ate our meals in the MDR as much as we could, never waited for a table and as soon as the table was filled, we ordered and were served.

All in all, it was a great cruise with different ports. We would sail her again.:D

Heeeeheehehehe cruizer!!!:p

We ARE sailing her again in November with the Crazies, y'all should come!!:cool:

I know it wasn't me.....;)

I heard Todd explaining the situation as I rolled over and went back to sleep......:cool::cool:

And I know I know, I shouldn't have really, but there I was at the Lido aft dessert bar and one of my favorites, double choco cake was there, and something I had not seen before...so of course I HAD to try it so I could report back:p...omg, it's called "Fresh Fruit Custard Pie"...don't miss it is all I can say!!!

IMG_2290.jpg

I always remember the first cruise I took. It was on the Fantasy. The CD and many others have always said .....

"We walk on a passangers and are off loaded as cargo".....LOL......:eek::p:cool:

OK so after lunch it was nap time:p

Tonight was second Elegant Evening, and it was MY special night for the MDR....Hey Baby night!! This was really special, because Hey Baby is my all time favorite of MDR fun...OOH! AH!:D

Early on in our cruise, I asked Raphaela what night Hey Baby was, so I didn't miss it when we went to Chef's Art, and she said it was not one they did...:eek: We consulted with Ken and he said it would be done, OMG I love this guy!!! And he came and checked with us what night we were going to the Supper Club, and he said it would be the night after, and so it was:D I, however, have no pics, I was dancing...

This was a big night all around, Damian's last night in the PB (he was a guest after tonight!) and our gang was having Christmas in the PB...so after a light dinner, double espresso, and the most amazing souffle for dessert...it was back to the cabin to change and get ready for the PB party!!!

Oh! When I got back to the cabin to change, it was another way cool platinum thingy...

IMG_2309.jpg

This would come in handy after a night of dancing...hey it all burns off right???

So we planned Damian's last night in the PB for another Christmas party...SO much fun!!! We were all ready to make the most of the precious time left for our time together!!!

...somewhere along in this planning, I KNOW it was a "Christmas PJ party" but somehow nobody else got the part about the PJ's...and there I was in my Freddy hat adorned with Christmas lights and my favorite Christmas PJ's...:rolleyes: but I was oh-so-comfy and it was one my favorite nights:p

IMG_2312.jpg

IMG_2313.jpg

Hey, my Christmas lights played "Jingle Bells"...

IMG_2310.jpg

Archived