Anyone wanna join my pity party?

cruzmom

Another Minnesotan checking in...-12 in the Twin Cities this morning--air temp, not wind chill... We also have the least snow that we have had in 114 years--have had a little since but early in the week our total for the season was 2.8 inches!!!

But, really, once it gets below zero, its just plain cold! Any lower just means is that you will get frostbite faster. :D Sigh, and I don't cruise til next October...

To everyone who is still living up there:

After 21 years of living in the Adk. Mountains I finally got smart and moved to Florida..let me tell you, I STILL can soak up the sun like a northerner (3 years now) and I still love to cruise and escape to warm caribbean weather(and escape those airfares)! The only thing that changes once you move south is at what temperature you consider COLD!!! Now anything lower than 70 is COLD...before is was anything below zero!!!

It has been insanely cold here since November - probably the coldest winter we've had in a very long time. It's currently minus 30 here in Winnipeg (that would be -21 to all you non-metric speaking folks) with a windchill that makes it about 40 below (which is actually the point where the two scales cross). This is with the sun being out for several hours already. The air is clear, the sky is a beautiful bright blue and it's cold enough to freeze the proverbial parts off of a brass monkey.

Exactly 21 days until I fly to Orlando, and 29 days until I cruise. The stop in Orlando is to allow me time to heal the frostbite...

Negative 20 here this morning...I refuse to step foot outdoors! I turned up the heat and am staying in!! They even had school starting late today because of the extreme cold temps!

Travelgrrl~

What kind of lectures do you do for RCCL and Princess?

My DH and I have joked about getting jobs working for cruiselines when our 3 daughters are grown...nurse and CPA...I think we could be put to good use working for a cruiseline!!!

Logging in from Farmington, MN!!! And I'm a teacher, so I had to go out in this bitterly cold windchill this morning...at 6:30 with a 4 1/2 and a 2 1/2 year old in tow!

My husband and I did ask each other the other night why we lived here...but know I will probably never leave! Born, raised, left for 5 years to iowa for college and 1st year of marriage, now raising my own children in this beautiful, somewhat affordable but high taxed state where most of our family is and where our friends are!

Less than a month until we are cruising to Aruba, Curacao, St. Maarten and St. Thomas!!!! I'm dreaming of 85+ degree weather!

heidi

38 degrees here in Vacaville, Ca, should top out today about 50. I hate the cold weather. Hubby, and I thinking of settling somewhere else. Extreamly difficult to have returned from a 16 day cruise, warm, hot weather, to come home to rain, fog, cold.

Just venting.

I'm coming to your party...and bringing the WHINE........!!!!! Up here in Toronto, it's cold, cold, cold. I don't know HOW cold, because we just moved here from NYC, which also was cold, cold, cold!!!! LOL!!!

I have yet to be able to figure out centigrade vs farenheit, oh well......

All I know is, I'm going on a 7 day cruise out of Miami on the NCL Sun on 2/26, and that is the ONLY thing that gets me out of bed in the morning!!! I need a frosty beverage poolside, while working on my tan!

In the meantime, do what I do......get the bathroom steamy, get a bar of pink grapefruit soap, (or cocoanut scented), some reggae tunes on the radio, and pretend you are in the tropics!!

Hang In There!!

We feel your pain , our high Saturday could be down to 67. I'll be breaking out the t-shirt Friday night. 1st post- I feel so dirty!
I have now fashioned a voodoo doll in the form of a "ZOOKA" Prepare to freeze!!!!!!! LOL!!!:D

I have yet to be able to figure out centigrade vs farenheit, oh well......

It's simple -

100 centigrade = 212 F (water boils

37 centigrade = 98.6 F(normal body temperature)

30 centigrade = 80 F (nice weather to get away to)

20 centigrade = 68 F (room temperature)

10 centigrade = 50 F (light jackets - Californians freeze)

0 centigrade = 32 F (where water and British Columbians Freeze)

-10 centigrade = 14 F (wear your mittens - S Ontarians freeze)

- 20 centigrade = -4 F (getting a bit nippy)

- 30 centigrade = - 22 F (plug in the block heater)

- 40 centigrade = -40 F (people do live in this weather)

-50 centigrade = -58 F (maybe I don't need to go out after work )

Here is another Minnesotan! I moved south to Bloomington from Duluth. Next time I have to go further south than 200 miles. It is currently -17 below with windchill. Try explaining windchill to someone in the Bahamas! We stay here for the beautiful summer and fall and for the lakes just minutes from wherever you are. It is 77 days until my next cruise and yes I am counting.

I bought a Summer Hits C.D. at Target yesterday with high hopes of it helping my cool mood. I think I'll hit the sauna this evening and bring along my Summer Hits music and maybe even the latest issue of Cruise Travel magazine...

ooh...I'll be back later!!!

Yeah Yeah CRUZMOM......you can't complain as much as me....I live in NORTH DAKOTA where our temps yesterday were a high of -20 and a low of -40+below!!! BEAT THAT!!! I did venture out but for something VERY important.......SHOPPING!!! :p Cruzmom is my sister....I have to give her S*#T!!:D

Ok another Duluthian joining in here! Currently -18 degrees, and has been this way since Thursday! They closed all the schools in the area here on Friday it is so cold. But you know what, you just deal with it. It hasn't stopped me a bit. Went out to eat Friday night, went to the mall yesterday (and it was packed!). I really hate it too, yet have learned to just try not to dwell on it. I know, I know its hard, but if you obsess about it, you will go crazy. On the bright side, it is never boring! It is kind of fun to have a snow storm, and so pretty afterward! We get all kinds of weather, not the same old monotony every day! The seasons are such a nice change too. Aside from all that, can't wait for our first cruise on the Mariner in February! One thing coming from Duluth when we travel, I don't understand why everything down south is so air conditioned! We go to Disney World, and I swear the air conditioning is down to 50 degrees! I always hate that, cuz we travel south to get to the heat, and it is hard going from 85 degrees outside to 50 degrees inside! Why do they have to turn it so low? :confused: I hope the ship isn't that air conditioned!

Archived