toto2kansas

jnc411

Hi , we are planning on doing the Cpt Wayne tour in St Vincent , you were mentioned on their web site as having been a customer. Would you mind answering a couple questions ?

What type of boat is it ? Is the walk to the falls very strenuous ? Any climbing or real hiking involved in any of the stops during the day ? The reason I am asking is our roll call is getting together a group for the day and we would like to go , but don't want to slow people down as we don't do a lot of hiking ( we are mobile and get around fine ), strenuous stuff anymore. Thanks for your time. I think you answered a question I had about catamaran step or ladders too. Anyway thank you.

Cori

Cori,

I can give you the link to his website, which if you click on the photo gallery it will show you a picture of the actual boat we were on during this tours we have taken with Wayne. It is located here: http://sites.google.com/site/whalbich/home

For several years, we have not been able to visit the Falls of Baleine as they were closed because of land slides, but I was told they were supposed to open up earlier this year, but have not heard yet if they actually did. I am sure Wayne could provide that information for you first hand. So, I have not done the climb to the falls after the clean up, but I would guess that now would be much easier to access than it used to be, as we had to climb over the fallen rocks years ago to get to the falls, before St. Vincent closed them. I am actually looking forward to taking this tour again after the trail to the falls has better access, as it is supposed to have now.

There were several stops on this tour. The falls (when they were open), the black sand beach which has access from the boat, you do not dock at the black sand beach though. And the Pirates of the Caribbean movie set where you have lunch. The falls and the movie set the boat docked. The only time we didn't dock was at the black sand beach where we needed to climb down the boat ladder to the water, but the boat was pulled in very close to the shore, so access to the beach was very easy.

One thing to keep in mind about the falls. We have had some in our group that didn't want to make the climb to the waterfall, so they either stayed on the boat or at the beach while the others made it up to the falls.

I hope I answered most of your questions. As you probably have read, each time we visit St. Vincent, our roll call gets a group together for this tour. It is more like a tradition now, and we have enjoyed each visit with Capt. Wayne and our CC roll call friends. We probably hold the record for repeating Capt. Wayne's tour so many times. lol :) :)

We have been onboard with 24 and not had a problem one, although we have a bit more room with 22. But there are enough seats for 24 onboard. It is bigger than it looks it seems. He will only take 24 maximum, as that is the number of seats the boat actually has.

Archived