Great review of the Valor

letsgocruz1

Thanks for posting this. We're on the Valor in May and enjoyed reading the article!

We are as well. Which date?

As for the review, pretty good. I read a lot of reviews of all sorts of different things. What a lot of people tend to forget is that they don't know what their server, steward or otherwise's day is like. They don't know if that person just missed the birth of their first child or the death of their parent. That goes beyond cruising to anywhere in life.

One can argue that we pay for their service and expect them to put their troubles aside to provide top quality everything. Are we really that selfish? I know I've been guilty of it in the past but I found myself feeling bad for my own behavior and try a different approach, I expect very little out of anyone or anything... I usually don't go away disappointed anymore!

Steve Congrats on your first cruise!! The Valor is a beautiful ship!! Make sure you find the fish and chips(delish!!) above Rosy's Restuarant.. Try Sushi is it free!! If you don't like a dinner entree order something new..it is ok!! Don't try to do everything your first cruise, it isn't possible!! Just be prepared to become addicted!!;)

Hey there,

Taking my first cruise solo on the Valor on 2/14/10. 35 yr. old from NY. Any recommendations or suggestions??? Any advice ahead of time would be greatly appreciated. Happy New Year.

Steve

Hey, Steve! Cruising solo on Valentine's Day? Sounds wonderful!:)

I'm sure you'll have a great time and get to know lots of new people. Be sure to go to the dining room for both breakfast and dinner. You'll have a chance to meet new people every day at breakfast and you'll be able to get to know some of your fellow passengers a little better at dinner.

I agree with Tina about the fish and chips place being good, but I only tried the fried fish filet and french fries.

If you like to dance, check out the disco. It's always a lot of fun.

Have a great trip!

Hey there,

Taking my first cruise solo on the Valor on 2/14/10. 35 yr. old from NY. Any recommendations or suggestions??? Any advice ahead of time would be greatly appreciated. Happy New Year.

Steve

Be sure to read the boards to get ideas about what to do in port, if you haven't already. Let us know how your cruise goes when you get back.

Hello all,

Thanks for the replies. I have already booked all my excursions. Very excited. Printed out the capers from the Sept. 09 cruise to get an idea. Went to Cabo for New Years last year after divorce solo and had an unbelievable time so I figured this would be a good next trip out. It is freezing here so can't wait for it to get here. I am keeping all ideas in mind. Thank you all again and if you think of anything else, keep em coming.

Steve

Archived