AOS featured on Travel Channel rebroadcasts in March

Cy_MO

I read in an older thread about a show on the Travel Channel called "Great Cruises: Adventure of the Seas", but found as I looked that it had not aired since early December, and is not on a published schedule. Well, with an upcoming cruise on the AOS providing the inspiration, I contacted Viewer Relations at the Discovery Networks (they own the Travel Channel) to see if they might be showing this again soon. The answer is yes, though "soon" might be a bit misleading. Be sure to mark your calendars:

"Great Cruises: Adventure of the Seas" will be televised on

Tuesday Mar/15/2005 10:00(ET)

Thursday Mar/17/2005 07:00(ET)

Saturday Mar/19/2005 11:00(ET)

I understand this show is a couple of years old now, but it does do a tour of the ship as well as the ports of call on the Southern Caribbean route, so I'm guessing most everything will still apply to some degree.

So if you've got a cruise departing after that, pop some popcorn and watch the show and do a little dreaming!

By the way, if anyone has seen this, please let us know what you thought of it. Worth watching?

Chris

Carnival Destiny 1997 (?)

RCCL AOS 3/27/05 (72 days!)

• 1 month later...
Cy Mo,

Do you know if those times are AM or PM? Thanks!

When I got this in email from Discovery (who have the Travel Channel), I assumed it was military time (i.e. all a.m. in this case). However, I just went to www.discovery.com, chose the Travel Channel, and found that the 15th and 19th are morning shows.

ACCORDING TO THE WEBSITE, the 3/17 show is at *6:00 p.m.*, not 7:00, as I'd stated earlier. I'm glad you asked the question, as it prompted me to go back to the source and check!

Guest OBAYbee

I saw this when it was first aired and the Voyager class ships were all new and the place to be.

I enjoyed watching it. I watched it before and after our cruise. It is a very nice piece. Shows you places, facts and trivia that you probably wouldn't be aware of otherwise. The galley, the bridge the crew quarters etc.

Amazing to see what goes on behind the scenes.

wow! Thanks so much for double checking. Your original post said the listings weren't published, so I didn't check the Discovery site. I was hoping you had info from your phone call. Thanks again for checking. I'll check again to be sure as the dates near.

• 2 weeks later...

I did this cruise on AOS though not when they were taping. The cruise & ship are amazing and everytime I watch it, I feel like I'm reliving the cruise. Have tapes all the cruise shows from Travel Channel and can watch them whenever I need a fix.

My name is Norma and I'm a cruiseaholic.

Archived