Smoking Concerns For Eastern European Cruise

panda24

I'm trying to pick which cruise line to take for an Eastern European cruise. I realize that the majority of passengers will probably be European and they have a different view on smoking. However, my mother is highly susceptible to cigarette smoke. Even the remnants of it left in staterooms. That's why I always take an air-cleaning product with us. Has anyone taken this itinerary with Celebrity and found that there was/wasn't a major problem? Any information you have would be greatly appreciated because I don't want to take her on a vacation only for her to spend the entire trip sick.

Your biggest problems with smoke are likely to be ashore. If your mother is very sensitive to cigarette smoke, I wonder why she would want to go to Eastern Europe.

It's quite difficult to escape the odor of tobacco there. Even the sight of a portable oxygen tank won't dissuade some smokers from lighting up.

Also be sure to take a newer Celebrity ship like the Equinox. Since they never allowed smoking in staterooms, remnants of past smokers will be nonexistent.

We took an RCCL cruise a few years ago and the cabin just smelled of past smokers. It gets into the carpet, drapes and furniture. They tried to cover the smell with air filters etc, but we wound up having them change the drapes and even remove the small sofa entirely.

Archived