Vallarta Adventures won't let me book

michelle2

During the online booking process with Vallarta Adventures they asked which hotel we are staying in. All of the cruise ships are included in the drop down list. When I chose the Splendor I blocks me from booking. I emailed them, and they told me I need to book through the ship. The tour I am interested in is not offered through the ship (Marietas Eco Discovery). I heard about Vallarta Adventures on this board. I'm wondering if this is something new. Are people just saying that they are staying in a hotel so that they can book?

During the online booking process with Vallarta Adventures they asked which hotel we are staying in. All of the cruise ships are included in the drop down list. When I chose the Splendor I blocks me from booking. I emailed them, and they told me I need to book through the ship. The tour I am interested in is not offered through the ship (Marietas Eco Discovery). I heard about Vallarta Adventures on this board. I'm wondering if this is something new. Are people just saying that they are staying in a hotel so that they can book?

Vallarta Adventures is a primary contractor for excursions to the cruise industry. The contract/policy prevents Vallarta Adventures from offereing direct booking to cruise ship passengers if the ship is also selling the same excursion (will not undercut the cruise ship price). Having said that ... Splendor must be selling that excursion (maybe under a different name) if Vallarta Adventures will not sell direct to you.

I looked at the shore excursion offered by Splendor and the one titled "Whales, Dolphins & Snorkel" looks to be a close match.

If you do a GOOGLE search for Marietas Eco Discovery, you will find a number of third-party tour brokers that also sell the Vallarta Adventures excursion. As an example [never worked with these people] http://vallartasnorkeling.com/marietas-eco-discovery.php

Good luck & Enjoy!

Hello'

It was about three years ago when I tried to book an individual tour with Vallarta Adventures. We were going on an HAL cruise, and we had previously had had a wonderful time on one of Vallarta Adventures excursions.

Vallarta Adventures promptly but very nicely informed me that if I was on a cruise, then they could not accept my DW and I and that I had to go through the cruise line.

As I recall the difference was $10 per person so we did book through the cruise line and again, had a wonderful time. The first time was a catamaran trip to the Marietas Islands where we went snorkling and kayaking. Then we went to a private beach. It was an all day trip including food and unlimited drinks. And I must tell you it was a great party on the way home...beautiful weather, music, all the drinks you could consume....and the Vallarta people were as nice a group as you would want to meet.

The second excursion was to Las Caletas and again we had a great time. Las Caletas is the former home of John Huston and the place has everything...food, beach, water sports. You also have a party on the way home.

The party is not wild in any way but just a lot of fun, and appropriate for all ages.

Thanks to both of you for your responses. The "Whales, dolphins, and snorkel" excursion is not showing for my sailing (thanks for looking for it's "Splendor" name, I hadn't thought of that). So, either it is already sold out or for some reason they are not running that tour on that day. We are sailing on February 14. I guess I am out of luck. I really had my heart set on that tour. We would like to do some whale watching and snorkeling. I'll look for something else. Thank you both for your help.

Archived