Please Pray for my son

rotu

My son 16 year old son, Robert died in a car wreck Tuesday in Richardson, Tx. I am posting here because he loved cruising, especially on the Royal ships. His favorite cruises were on the Rhapsody when it was in Galveston and the Grandeur when it was in N.O. I read Cruise Critic almost every day, although I rarely post, I still feel like part of the Cruise Critic community and wanted to share with my fellow cruisers. I ask everyone to please say a prayer for Robert.

Thank you, Rob

Rob, I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

May these words of our Lord comfort you:

And he will be their peace. [Micah 5:5]

The "he" in this verse is Jesus Christ.

The promised Ruler that will come from Bethlehem.

Prophesied about 700 years before the birth of Jesus.

Penned by the hand of Micah, under the direction of the Holy Spirit.

I am praying for your family.

I cried for you when I read this. As a Mom of 5 the very thought of losing a child just breaks my heart! Just know that there are many thinking of you and praying for you. Also, know that you have a very special angel watching over you now! Your son will always be with you in your heart and mind! Cherish the time you had together, albeit way too short! I'm calling my older children as soon as I'm done posting and kissing my little ones as I type.

My son 16 year old son, Robert died in a car wreck Tuesday in Richardson, Tx. I am posting here because he loved cruising, especially on the Royal ships. His favorite cruises were on the Rhapsody when it was in Galveston and the Grandeur when it was in N.O. I read Cruise Critic almost every day, although I rarely post, I still feel like part of the Cruise Critic community and wanted to share with my fellow cruisers. I ask everyone to please say a prayer for Robert.

Thank you, Rob

Robert is with the Lord, and the Lord must have had a reason to take him at such a young age. My deepest sympathy are with you and your family, as well as my prayers are with you. Juval.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. We lost our 20 year old son in a car accident 7 years ago. It is true, as the time passes, it is a little easier. The pain of the loss is with you forever. He will always be in your heart. Try to remember the good times.

We have always been told that when you find a penny, it means someone from heaven is thinking of you. The first vacation we went on after our son's death was a cruise. I had mixed emotions going on vacation, trying to have a good time, when my life was upside down losing our son. As we walked down the hallway to our stateroom, we placed the key in the door, and there one the floor was a penny. I knew it was a message from our son..that it was okay to be there and have a nice time.

If you ever need to reach out to me...dont hesitate.

Rob, I live in the Metroplex and heard about your son. Thank you for sharing with us! We are previledged! Words cannot express the loss you must feel. I will pray for peace and comfort for you and your family during this most difficult time. Please come here and share more and let us know how you are doing any time you need to do so. Our thoughts and prayers are with ou now.

I just found this thread. As I sit here in front of this box (computer) I will stop right at this point and pray for you and your family.............

Dear Heavenly Father, please be with this family now as they morn the loss of their son, brother, grandson, and nephew. Please be with Robert's friends also as they deal with their grief. Place your hand on their shoulders and your arms around their bodies so they can feel your peace and strength. Let them know that you have welcomed Robert home. Let them know that if Robert could tell them anything right now, it would be "Ha! I met Jesus first! Don't worry about me, I'm in His arms"! Thank you Lord for lending Robert to your world for the time he was here. In Jesus' name....Amen!

I hope you feel the love that is surrounding you on this board. Never in the time that I have been on here have I felt such stong love as I have here.

In Christian Love,

Sherri

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I was just signing on to check out information on the Mariner which I booked today for March.

I will make a special point while onboard to go stand at the back of the ship and look out upon the open seas and say a prayer for your son and your family.

Beth

Rob so sorry about of your son. It will get easier in time but it will always feel like there is a hole in your heart.

We lost our 28 year old daughter in 1989.

You have a big support group here on cruise critic.

Rob - Please accept my sincere heartfelt condolences on the loss of your son. I hope that in some way this will help you and your family cope with your loss of such a wonderful young man. May your happy memories sustain you at this difficult time. Debbie

Dear Rob and Family

It will be the little things that you will remember at the most unexpected time ... the quiet moments, the smiles, and the laughter.

Although it may seem hard right now, it will be the memory of these little things that help to push away the pain and bring the smiles back again

May the love of friends and family be a source of comfort to you at this time .

Rob, there are no words that I can say to help ease your pain. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. May you find some comfort in your memories and know that Robert is with his heavenly father.

God be with you,

Cheryl

Rob,

So sorry to hear of the tragic loss of your son, Robert. When you are ready, there is a national support group called The Compassionate Friends with chapters all over the US. It is a breavement support group for parents and siblings. We found a chapter in a neighboring community after our son died in an auto accident. We and our daughters attending meetings for several years (first to get support then to lend support to others). Most chapters post monthly newsletters on the web. Just search TCF or The Compassionate Friends and you should be able to locate a chapter in your area. We will be praying for you and your family and will light our "Charlie" candle in memory of Robert. God's Peace, Kathy

Archived