LIVE from the Crown Princess 12/26/09

Love Boat Dream

My DH saw you down in the cafe writing away several times.

Trivia was good, but if you've gone on Princess over the past few years, you may be disappointed by the repeats on questions/themes.

The food in the dining room was markedly better than we have ever had on Princess. I don't know if it was the menu change or the chefs on the boat themselves, but wow! Chef's dinner is not to be missed!

If you get to Crooners Martini lounge bring a deck of playing cards and ask for LLoyd, a show all in himself!

This sailing had 500 :eek: kids on board, I'm not surprised the Kids Club was open! We had an inside this year, and were dismayed by the number of drunken/sober/loud teenagers hanging outside our hallway. They would keep us/wake us up nightly. To put it in perspective, we were in a cabin next to an infant, and the infant never bothered us. Princess/parents need to do a better job of providing entertainment when these kids are up (midnight-3am).

There were some chair wars and saving a seat was rampant, especially on sea days, don't say you weren't warned.

The International Cafe was a great alternative to the buffet, and allows you to sit and really admire the detailing of the atrium.

Adaggio, the bar next to Sabatinnis is quiet, a peaceful place to get a drink and talk.

And while Southwest does not do the express check out thing, right outside customs they offer the service. It was 10 dollars a bag, but it saved us an hour in line at the airport. Remember, now we all have to absorb the impact of sharing space with the Leviathan of the Seas.

Overall it was a great cruise.

Overall it was a great cruise.

Yes, there were a lot of teens hanging around! We weren't bothered by kids out side our door but, I saw lots hanging around the stairways. I also saw a lot of crew members asking them (nicely) to move along and not sit on the steps but from midnight to 3! Wow! That would have pissed me off!

I'm also a big fan of the IC and Adaggio!

The entertainment in the Piazza was very good. Li Liu (Chinese acrobat) and Matt Henry (juggler)

Archived