Travel Documents

moodme

Sorry, but I believe you are mistaken, if you go to :

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/passportGuideline.do

I think you will find that it says effective June 1, 2009, a passport is needed for air travel outside the United States but if you continue to read it says for US citizens on a closed loop cruise, a birth certificate and a laminated government issued ID with picture are required. Friends just returned from a Caribbean cruise using only their birth certificate and driver's license, they were not required to have a passport.

Sherri:)

Well then, I stand corrected. My info came from talking to RCL's C&A folks last spring and also consulting two travel agent friends at the same time. I immediately applied and receive passports for my family members.

Irregardless, you'd be crazy to leave the US and not have a passport for reentry in case of an emergency.

Wrong. Get your facts straight.

Tell me how you really feel! :rolleyes:

Well then, I stand corrected. My info came from talking to RCL's C&A folks last spring and also consulting two travel agent friends at the same time. I immediately applied and receive passports for my family members.

Irregardless, you'd be crazy to leave the US and not have a passport for reentry in case of an emergency.

Tell me how you really feel! :rolleyes:

Sorry you got a bit blasted there, Dolfan...you're a nice guy but if you say something wrong, you WILL get killed. Whatever you do, make sure you NEVER post that Grand Cayman (aka The Grand Caymens) is a docking (not tender) port. ;)

Sorry you got a bit blasted there, Dolfan...you're a nice guy but if you say something wrong, you WILL get killed. Whatever you do, make sure you NEVER post that Grand Cayman (aka The Grand Caymens) is a docking (not tender) port. ;)

This issue for misinformation is a lot more serious then a tender or dock and definitely needed to be corrected, most likely why so many did! It is scary how misunderstood the rules are.

This issue for misinformation is a lot more serious then a tender or dock and definitely needed to be corrected.

Sue, I COMPLETELY agree, especially having just lived through this issue last month. It frustrates the HELL out of me when people say you HAVE TO have a passport. Just because YOU (in general, not you, Sue) think you HAVE TO because you're just SURE to have a huge emergency and have to fly home (c'mon), doesn't mean you HAVE TO have it to go on a cruise.

I was more commenting on some of the responses back to him, like, "Get your facts straight." He was obviously going by what you'd think are reputable people. :)

EVERYONE needs passports unless your just doing a New England fall colors cruise and are never leaving the US! ;)

Surely you knew this. Hopefully you're kidding or you just lost some money cause you're not going on a cruise in January! I doubt even with paying extra for expedited service you'll get a passport in time. Good Luck!

i am going on a caribbean cruise leaving and ending in san juan. i called to see what was required in terms of identification and was told that a state issued drivers liscense and original birth certificate was sufficient. me and my party all have our passports and that is what we are bringing for ID purposes. That being said, from what i heard from multiple RCCL reps was that on a closed loop cruise (starting and ending in the same place) from an American territory you only need DL and BC. However, if you have the passport, just go with that, much easier to keep track of.

Thanks Amybeth! Yeah, I followed that thread for a while.:rolleyes: Seems that in the past year CC has seen more of this killing spree. Must be liberals needing to bash someone since they don't have Bush anymore!:eek:

This issue for misinformation is a lot more serious then a tender or dock and definitely needed to be corrected, most likely why so many did! It is scary how misunderstood the rules are.

Sue I agree. There has been a lot of misinformation over the last 2 years about this and obviously I received some!! :eek: I am usually the one telling someone to get their facts straight (but nicely) and when I'm wrong I will admit it. :o

[

Archived