how much of capacity has been reached

Hobar

This question was dealt with in a thread at the end of November.

See this thread: It's well worth a read.

"Spook1"

I am suprised by your responce here, as you were the only comment to the original article on the quoted thread.

You seemed really interested in the stat's then, perhaps you have just had a memory hicup.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1097468

My experience has been, all the lux lines boast their occupancy's.

Especially at the numerous industry/Seatrade meetings/confrences and followup Media Confrences.

Now are they telling the truth? thats perhaps a more important question.

My experience is, SS tends to pretty honest most of the time.

The numbers from the above article have been repeated several times in other interviews here in Australia and Hong Kong.

Heads on pillows is only a small part. $$$ paid per head is much more important.

SS is doing just fine.

Forward bookings are at an all time high. USA bookings are down. But Europe, Asia, South America, Australia/South Pacific and Africa are all well up.

Hi Jaffa,

I went back to subject thread and honestly don't see where I went wrong on my comment regarding "capacity" in this latest thread. I thought my previous comments were upbeat for SS and the Land of Oz being serviced by a luxury line. The article writer's statement of 80% sold was, I think, one voyage only which is really what I said you could expect when you questioned SS for a specfic voyage.

I also believe SS will give information to a TA or a travel writer more freely than the general public. In the case of the former they may wish to block space and need to know what they have to work with/sell. Joe Public can, of course, ask about space availability on a voyage and expect an accurate answer.

Aloha, Spook1

Yes Spook1,

But further on the article quotes the SS spokeswoman saying SS is running at 75% occupancy for the year and goes on to discuss forward bookings globally.

I did not mean to relay that you were wrong, only that l was suprised at your responce. I was not trying to be in any way negative, sorry if l gave that impression.

Yes Spook1,

But further on the article quotes the SS spokeswoman saying SS is running at 75% occupancy for the year and goes on to discuss forward bookings globally.

I did not mean to relay that you were wrong, only that l was suprised at your responce. I was not trying to be in any way negative, sorry if l gave that impression.

Happy New Year Jaffa!

Pehaps I read the wrong intent in the question posed in the other thread. No harm here in America and Australian relations. And I expect our mutual weather is very similar at the moment...light winds, blue skies and seas, warm temperature. In fact had a lovely Waikiki swim this morning and plan another tomorrow.

Archived