HAL's newest Martinis

Krazy Kruizers

HAl's New Martini Cocktails (premium, hand-shaken 5 ounce martinis)

XO Martini For Two - Grey Goose Vodka and aged French cognac, presented with a lemon twist and two ounces of caviar - $100

Martini Flight - Sample our premier martinis - Yellow Tulip, Peartini, Cosmopolitan, Sunshine Martini, Rum Sundae, High Tide Martini - $19.50

Yellow Tulip - the Holland America signature martini, made with Grey Goose Vodka, lychee juice, pineapple juice, guava juice, coconut cream, fresh lime juice - $9.50

Starboard Peach Martini - Grey Goose L'Orange Flavored Vodka, crème de peche, pink grapefruit juice, passion fruit syrup - $9.50

Tropical Tease Martini - Grey Goose Vodka, Cointreau, fresh lime juice, cranberry juice, pineapple juice, sparkling wine - $9.50

Sapphire Citron - Grey Goose Le Citron Flavored Vodka, Bombay Sapphire Gin, Chambord, white cranberry juice - $9.50

Run Sundae Martini - Macardi rum, muddled strawberries, banana schnapps, cream - $9.50

Sunshine Martini - Bacardi Limon Flavored rum, Chambord, sweet and sour - $9.50

Sapphire Sea Martini - Bombay Sapphire gin, peach schnapps, blue curacao, fresh lime juice - $9.50

High Tide Martini - Grey Goose Vodka, Cointreau, pineapple juice, grenadine - $9.50

Dirty Martini - Bombay Sapphire gin, Martini & Rossi extra dry vermouth, olive juice - $9.50

Classic Martini - Grey Goose Vodka, Noilly Prat original French dry vermouth - $9.50

Cosmopolitan - Grey Goose L'Orange Flavored Vodka, premium ornage-flavored liqueur, cranberry juice, fresh lime - $9.50

Caipiroska - Grey Goose Le Citron Flavored Vodka, fresh lime, simple syrup - $9.50

Ginger Rogers - Grey Goose Le Citron Flavored Vodka, limoncello, lemon juice, simple syrup and ginger beer - $9.50

Apple Martini - Grey Goose Vodka, Cointreau, Pucker apple schnapps - $9.50

Tuscan Pear - Grey Goose La Poire Flavored Vodka, limoncello, ginger liqueur, simple syrup, orange juice - $9.50

Peartini-Grey Goose La Poire Flavored Vodka, Disarono Originale Liqueur, simple syrup, lemon juice - $9.50

Pear-N-Berry Frappe - Grey Goose La Poire Flavored Vodka, fresh blackberries, simple syrup, blackberry brandy, lemon juice - $9.50

Paradise Pear - Grey Goose La Poire Flavored Vodka, apple liqueur, pear puree, fresh lime juice, simple syrup - $9.50

The Martini's I listed were the ones on our recent Zuiderdam cruises -- in a special booklet placed on all the cocktail tables in all the lounges.

There was no Blackout Martini listed.

From the prices of Martini's listed in the regular cocktail booklet, these prices are higher as they use premium alcohol compared to the martini's made with the house alcohol.

Some of these sound interesting - I do hope, however, that I can still get a fresh grapefruit cosmo. That, and the Lemon Drop are my two favorite HAL drinks.

The menu for the Grey Goose items is in addition to the bar menu found shipwide. You'll have no issue finding all the drinks you're used to, and since you said you like the lemon drops... ever had the coral drop? (it's a lemon drop with absolut mandarin and a splash of chambord :) )

Your vodka of choice.. there were many good choices. We didn't sneak a bottle of grey goose on board, just brought some nice Napa and Washington/Oregon wines. We gifted ourselves a nice bottle of grey goose to be in our cabin after leaving port.. saves on taxes, and went down smooth.:)

Would love to try a few of these at a Mixology class... except for the first one :p I hate caviar!!

Seriously though... I did see these on the menu on the Zaandam in October, but didn't try any.

Guess I'll have to try a couple in May :D

Would love to try a few of these at a Mixology class... except for the first one :p I hate caviar!!

Seriously though... I did see these on the menu on the Zaandam in October, but didn't try any.

Guess I'll have to try a couple in May :D

You won;t see them making any drinks at the mixology class using Premium alcohol.

When we sailed a few years ago my wife and I discovered the espresso martini's and enjoyed one almost each night as a nightcap before turning in for the night. You would think the espresso would keep us awake but I guess the combination with everything else in the martini!!!! made for a good nights sleep each night!

Are those still on the menu anywhere? We enjoyed them in the crows nest!

It's also Grey Goose, a premium vodka. Hopefully you noticed that as well. :)

The Yellow Tulip and Tuscan Pear are to die for!

Hey Dutch, Ahh, I guess that makes a difference. DH never drinks and I only induldge on a cruise so it doesn't take much to make me happy. The Green Apple martini with a touch of Madori is to die for IMO. :D

We drink Grey Goose as well.

The only thing with the Martini's that we have seen prepared on HAL -- they use about 1 ot 1 1/2 ounces of Grey Goose (depends on the bar tender) and the rest to make it 5 ounces are the juices.

Well, you can't have it all, but this is when it pays to get to know the bar staff. ;)

I know.

We got to know the bar tender in the Crow's Nest on our recent Zuiderdam cruises quite well.

And her Grey Goose drinks were really good. We just had Grey Goose on the rocks. She got a good tip from us at the end of the cruise.

In the dining room we had an excellent bar server for the first cruise -- and our Grey Goose drinks were very good. But the second cruise -- the guy could care less when we got our drinks -- we gave up after a couple of days and didn't order anything more from him -- he was more interested in selling bottles of wine -- which we noticed at the 5:45 time very few people bought.

Some of these sound interesting - I do hope, however, that I can still get a fresh grapefruit cosmo. That, and the Lemon Drop are my two favorite HAL drinks.

Grapefruit cosmo is my all-time favorite as well -- had one every single night on Westerdam a few weeks ago...yum! :)

TracyE

Archived