"HELP" Lido Forward JS Suites 9205 and 9206 ????

mr jailerman

Hi Guys, Does anyone know anything about either of these Two Junior Suites(Formally Cat 11) ? I have the chance to Jump on one of them For Not much more $ then I paid for my 9C Wrap Balcony.. I know that the Balcony is the standard size and that the Observation Deck is close by and blocks at least some of the view, But I have always been more of a cabin guy, and then a Balcony guy. While I would miss that Big Wrap, I would only have to walk out my door to be on a huge Forward Deck that I have heard is seldom used as people really don't know it's there. I have heard that these Two Suite Cabins are closer in size to a Cat 12 or Grand Suite then a regular midship Oceansuite (Or Cat 11) as they call them now ? Any truth to that ? Any information or Photos would be great as I will be on the Splendor in 97 Days headed for the Mexican Riviera..:) (But who's counting-Here in snowy Chicago ?:D:D).. Thanks for your time and have a great night.. Kurt..

Hi Guys, Does anyone know anything about either of these Two Junior Suites(Formally Cat 11) ? I have the chance to Jump on one of them For Not much more $ then I paid for my 9C Wrap Balcony.. I know that the Balcony is the standard size and that the Observation Deck is close by and blocks at least some of the view, But I have always been more of a cabin guy, and then a Balcony guy. While I would miss that Big Wrap, I would only have to walk out my door to be on a huge Forward Deck that I have heard is seldom used as people really don't know it's there. I have heard that these Two Suite Cabins are closer in size to a Cat 12 or Grand Suite then a regular midship Oceansuite (Or Cat 11) as they call them now ? Any truth to that ? Any information or Photos would be great as I will be on the Splendor in 97 Days headed for the Mexican Riviera..:) (But who's counting-Here in snowy Chicago ?:D:D).. Thanks for your time and have a great night.. Kurt..

Whow..:eek::D.. An hour on the Front Page and No one to help me here ? Help me people.. Thanks..

Personally- I would not give up my wrap around cabin.

Those cabins are nice---BUT too far forward for me- Food/pools are in the aft==and more then likly I would be heading back there at least twice a day- that walk would get long and longer as the week wore on.

IF you hit rough waters you will get more motion up there then you would in the back.

Your view forward is obstruted by the bridge

Your balcony would be more windier then the one on the aft.

People who venture out to the peek--which are few because they dont know its there---can peek into your balcony.

the front deck will be VERY windy--no chairs are out there-- maybe a lone bench.

anyways- good luck on your decision; here are some photos-

http://travel.webshots.com/album/555416425bBvaPx

Personally- I would not give up my wrap around cabin.

Those cabins are nice---BUT too far forward for me- Food/pools are in the aft==and more then likly I would be heading back there at least twice a day- that walk would get long and longer as the week wore on.

IF you hit rough waters you will get more motion up there then you would in the back.

Your view forward is obstruted by the bridge

Your balcony would be more windier then the one on the aft.

People who venture out to the peek--which are few because they dont know its there---can peek into your balcony.

the front deck will be VERY windy--no chairs are out there-- maybe a lone bench.

anyways- good luck on your decision; here are some photos-

http://travel.webshots.com/album/555416425bBvaPx

Thanks for the Advice and the Photo Links.. It does look to be a neat location ? :)

If you do a search for deck plans there are several sights that have deck and cabin comparisons..I am sailing on that ship in July and i am foward but I chose a spa cabin with an obstructed view ..I believe in the front all you see is the bridge but I have not decided if I want to go to a balcony with kids..I have been told by several people that it is very quiet on the foward end of the ship..I am not sure what I would do I really enjoy the balcony but if you spend alot of time relaxing in your room I would move up..stay warm and enjoy your trip..lisa

I have stayed in 9205 on the Conquest. When we stayed in that cabin it was a Cat 11.

I will tell you the pros and cons

Pros

The room is slightly larger-but not much.

It is quiet up there.

It is close to everything on the Lido

Cons

It is true there is a window that looks out onto an open deck but it is has a curtain that can be closed. There was never much traffic/people out there tho.

It is very windy on the balcony on sea days-so much so that it was almost impossible on some days to sit out and read a book.

Your direct forward view is blocked (a little) by the bridge. If you are standing at the rail you can see into the bridge and they can see you.

This was the one and only time I booked the Cat 11 on the Lido. After that I went back to the regular Cat 11 on the Empress deck-and the main reason is because I like to spend a considerable amount of time on the balcony and the wind bothered me. That is the only reason I didn't really like this cabin.

I would not give up an aft wrap for ANY other room! Well, maybe a Fantasy Class Owners Suite, or one of those nifty new Deluxe Penthouse Suites on Liberty. ;)

We had an aft wrap on Spirit and it was so awesome. Granted that those are cat 11 not 9A, but you don't really get much to step up to the suite. The VIP embarkation and nicer bathroom wouldn't be worth it to me. I would stay put and be the envy of all other balcony dwellers.

• 8 months later...

Archived