Help - which AF room on Jewel (deck 11)

krijkee

Where should I book. Deck 11 is below the pool and spa. Should I try and get below the spa?

Any advice on the best location? Also which side of the ship - does it matter?

Many thanks!!

We have been on other ships below the pool and the scraping of deck chair in the night drove us nuts. We are booked in an AF on the Pearl (sister ship same layout) and booked aft starboard with just the seating for the buffet area above us. The seating area is carpeting so we shouldn't have the scraping noise. Stay away from below the fitness center as many drop weights early in the morning :D

I ended up under the spa - cabin 11004...maybe I should move to be under the library??

I have 2 little one's so I also like to avoid traffic on the deck I am staying!

Any other input would be greatly appreciated! This is my first time in AF - only been inside before so we are now beyond excited!!

I ended up under the spa - cabin 11004...maybe I should move to be under the library??

I have 2 little one's so I also like to avoid traffic on the deck I am staying!

Any other input would be greatly appreciated! This is my first time in AF - only been inside before so we are now beyond excited!!

Do any of you get seasick? You are high and forward in rough seas you will feel every movement. Which sailing are you booked on?

booked on April 11th - 13 night Caribb cruise. We were on deck 9 last feb but an inside cabin and didn't get sick.

Just wanted to check since you are travelling with little ones it can get rough up front. When the ship goes up the crash coming down in brutal sometimes in rough seas. I think the winter seems to have rougher seas (or summer hurricane season) so April sounds like you will be okay. Just wanted to give you the heads up from experience.

booked on April 11th - 13 night Caribb cruise. We were on deck 9 last feb but an inside cabin and didn't get sick.

If you're prone to getting motion sickness, I think you're going to be miserable no matter what cabin you have in rough seas. In my world, that equates to picking the cabin you want, and whatever happens, happens.

Thanks, I appreciate the help!

I might try and move a little further back tomorrow, just to be safe. Mid ship would put us under the pool, so we need to be wither further forward or further back a little I believe.

That's why we ended up booking where we are cause pool, fitness center or too far forward, we ended up with 11100 and 11106

A couple of years in a row I had the mini suite cabins under the buffet and then under Mama's restaurant. I can't recommend them. It was very noisy at night as people walked above on the tile floors. I felt like someone was walking in stilettos above us. It kept my whole family awake and the family in the next cabin over as well. I know this because we chatted about it across the balconies.

I don't know what to tell you. If there is a hard surface above you on deck 11 you probably will hear a good bit of noise in the wee hours.

Archived