Cruise Disappeared

Drew358

I think I might know the answer, but I'm hoping this is not the case. We are booked on the November 2010 11 day Antarctic cruise, and now it is no longer showing on the itineraries. I'm thinking that they may have chartered the ship. Any ideas? I would contact my TA (booked directly with Silversea), but they are on vacation until next Monday. Thanks for any input.

Answer: Chatered.

This sucks particularly because it worked around the Thanksgiving holiday, so my wife and I wouldn't have to take as much time off. I don't know if they are offering compensation, if anyone is curious about that, I'll post it when I find out.

This happened to someone else on this board - I think it was retiredbrit - there were quite a few posts on the thread so maybe do a search. I know there was some information on compensation/rebooking etc.

Found it, thanks for the info. The issue we may have is that we booked a cabin class (Adventure) that is now sold out on all of the other comparable trips. I'm wondering if they'll give us a nicer cabin plus a discount if we switch to a different trip or charge us the same and move us into a different cabin category on a different itinerary.

• 2 weeks later...

They gave a 10% discount. At first the eliminated the 5% Silver Sailings discount, which made for only a 5% discount on the next available sailing. I wrote to them explaining that I lost the 5% Silver Sailings discount, and they decided to honor it, which I thought was a fair deal.

Archived