Thinking about a Disney cruise...

sjram

We are in the process of planning a family cruise. We are a family of 6 and I am interested in going on a Disney cruise. I know if we go on another cruiseline it is more econimical and practical to have 2 rooms connecting. I have researched on Disney's website and see they have a family suite. Will these fit 6 people (2 adults, 4 kids) comfortably? The website doesn't have prices listed so I am curious what the average price is like. Does it make more sese to get a family room or book the 2 cabins? Are they more than 2 rooms would cost of the same? Thanks for any help you can give!

Sarah

There are rooms available on board that sleep 6.They are the suites that are not listed.Those cabins youd need to call for a quote.I know for a fact that the Cat 1,2,3,4s are all call only and very limited in availability.(Theres only 2 cat 1 for example)

Disney does have several rooms from each category that connect so that would not be a problem.

As far as pricing, when you go to DCLS homepage, you can do a dummy reservation, booking 2 rooms.It will give you everything you need to know, from price forcabin(s) transfers, flights, insurance etc.It will also let you pick your cabins (Available connecting cabins are shown with an arrow)and can do multiple quotes to see what you like more.You dont have to follow thru and book at that time unless you want to.You can do the same with several online travel agents.Theres a few that will give you a no obligation quote for the cruise that you are considering, and give you a comment option for the larger family size/multiple rooms.

I'll try and put some numbers to it...

we booked a category 4 (only holds 5) for $7000 on sale (normally over 10k for our Med 10 night) switched to a special they had on cat 12 and got 2 cat 12 for 6k...then they went ahead and lowered that even more so kids sailed free AND adults only paid 999...so i got 2 cat 12's for 4k...the suites that fit 6 are all over 12k..some going as high as 20k and more.

I would suggest you pick your location (where you'll have the most fun) and if you are able to travel during a low season, book 2 cat 12's....many times folks have been granted free upgrades to cat 9's if the ship is not full and you booked early...you also have the option of asking for availability for upgrade at the port...generally speaking you can upgrade from a cat 12- to say a cat 6 for around $500 (they typically say $100 per number upgrade..but I have read where folks did that same upgrade for $199...but only on ships/dates where you don't have high demand)..if you are stuck traveling outside of school schedules there's less chance of better upgrades..

HTH!

Tara

We just got back from 3 nights on the Wonder. We went over the holidays, so we paid the maximum rate for the room (we did not have the maximum room).

Was it worth it? The time our DGD had was worth ten times the price. She loved the activities in the Oceaneers' Lab, we all loved the shows (saw all 3), she got autographs from all of the characters on board, had her picture taken with all of the characters, etc., etc., etc. The departure party and Pirates in the Caribbean party were great fun.

DW and I are small ship people, but this is all about entertainment and the kids (at least for us -- we did not do any of the adult entertainment venues). For ourselves, small ships, but for the grandchildren it is Disney all the way. They are an entertainment company that happens to run ships.

There was a time when I was reading, and one of the princesses was kneeling down with her gown in a huge circle around her, and her two gloved arms reaching out and holding the arms of a little girl as they talked. It was a million dollar picture, and said it all.

Archived