Best Coz beach for 4 y/o?

hooked-on-travel

We'll be going to Cozumel in January with our 4 y/o. I've been reading the different beach reviews, but I'm still not sure which one is appropriate. Paradise Beach doesn't sound worth it b/c she'll be way too afraid of the water to do more than splash up to her knees. (We're in KS, don't spend a lot of time at beaches, need to cruise more often. :D) All the water trampolines and ice bergs sound fine for DH, but I'm looking for more appropriate for DD. Which beach would be more appropriate? We'll be on the Voyager OTS and we'll be with my parents, too, but they aren't really a limiting factor. Mom keeps saying she doesn't care where she goes as long as she gets to snorkle. OK, I guess that's a little limiting, but not much. TIA

Nochi gets rave reviews, but I have not been there. If you can afford it, I would say go to Chankanaab and do a dolphin encounter. My DS (4) loved it. They also have a salt water pool, play ground, a natural salt water lagoon with wild iguanas, and well as a small sheltered cove where she can wade. If mom or dad wants some decent snorkeling, the main beach is on a bulkhead and you can just walk down the stairs carved from the dead coral and away you go.

I agree with Chankanaab. It is a great place for families. There is a little bay for the kids to play in and snorkling and other activities for the adults: snuba, dolphins, snorkle, massage.

I'm going to Nachi for the first time next Saturday. It is suppose to be good for kids too. I hope it lives up to everything everyone else says about it.

Definately Chank. I've been to both Paradise and Chank, and Paradise is definately for older kids (teens) and adults...the water toys are really big and in deep water. The snorkeling was decent...actually it ended up being the best snorkeling of our trip (which is disappointing bc Roatan/Tabayana was supposed to be good, and Belize was supposed to be amazing...and we couldn't see a THING at either place).

My youngest was 4 when we went to Passion Island. Royal Caribbean is one of the few that offer the excursion for guests that young. Carnival takes the "Twister" out to the island. On Royal Caribbean, we took a bus followed by a small ferry boat.

It has become our favorite beach. LOVE IT! I just can't say enough about it.

The food was good. The kids loved the playground. The beach crew even opened up a trampoline on land for the kids because the sea was kind of rough that day. And the kiddie ATVs (they may have removed them though)

I did a lot of research before we picked Passion Island. We've been to Playa Mia (we didn't like it that much). Some of the other beaches are rocky. I wanted a white powder beach with a lot of stuff for the kids to do. And that was Passion Island.

d9d4e552.jpg

c25636c3.jpg

3a4f0c59.jpg

144aab6c.jpg

744488e9.jpg

0145bf28.jpg

Thanks for the advice, all. I should have mentioned that we've done Chank twice (once pre-DD, sort of...I was preggers). DH did the dolphins the first time and it was a great experience. The second was when DD was 20 mos. and it was HORRIBLE. In truth, it must have been the clean-up from the storms, but I don't think I can get DH to go back to Chank after that last time. That's why I was looking for new suggestions. I think I'll look into Passion Island.

Thanks, cruisinmama06, for the Nachi warning on the other thread. I'm also not one looking for a beach where I can do keg-stands. I think my sisters are, so I expect they'll not be going with us to whatever beach we choose. lol (And I expect my parents will.)

Archived