Room Service breakfast on Princess

Ebbsail

Pardon me if this is well known, but I haven't cruised for a few years. On our last Princess cruise we enjoyed having breakfast on our mini balcony with our kids. They would come over from their inside cabin. We just wrote on the room service breakfast card to include two orders of bacon and an omelette. We never knew you weren't supposed to - and it always arrived the next morning. Did we just get lucky? Has anyone just tried asking for an item even if it wasn't on the continental menu, and been denied?

Hi there,

I don't believe you got lucky. I have seen people order items not on the menu such as omelettes etc with special bacon (Cdn Brit or American) for example.

The thing with ordering off the menu is that most of those bkfst items are pre-made/pkgd (corn flakes, butter, milk etc) and are generally served quicker than you might find if you had requested items that were not on the Cabin bkfst menu.

I have never seen anybody denied what they have requested. Mind you that's in my experience and others may or may not have encountered different.

Hope this helps put you at ease, and...

Ciao for now!!!

Pardon me if this is well known, but I haven't cruised for a few years. On our last Princess cruise we enjoyed having breakfast on our mini balcony with our kids. They would come over from their inside cabin. We just wrote on the room service breakfast card to include two orders of bacon and an omelette. We never knew you weren't supposed to - and it always arrived the next morning. Did we just get lucky? Has anyone just tried asking for an item even if it wasn't on the continental menu, and been denied?

It depends on the ship. I used to do this alot but not in the last year or 2.

There have been posters lately who have had luck doing this.

Besides ordering a few things off the front of the breakfast card, we usually order some omlettes, bacon, sausgae, eggs over, etc... we make a note to "turn over" and write them on the back of the card....only once in 15 cruises did we not receive what we asked for.

We always leave the delivery person a few extra $$$ gratuity.

And we always order several orange juices...makes for great mamossa's with our carried on champagne...and makes for a relaxing and enjoyable morning.

Archived