coyaba river gardens

M&T

My husband and I are thinking of taking a taxi to the gardens. How much might it cost? Is it safe to do on our own? I keep reading that people don't want to do things on their own. Thanks. Marlyne

We stopped at the gardens when we did our tour with Marva Shaw. The gardens are beautiful. Sorry, I can't remember how much the admission is but you get a guide when you go through the gardens that explains what all the flowers and plants are (you are expected to tip!)

They are not that big, but a nice way to spend a bit of time. There are taxi's right at the pier, but would suggest you contact one of the drivers recommended here on the boards (such as Marva) and see how much a tour for the day would be. We had a great time and were able to see a lot with a private driver--you can then spend as much time or as little time as you want at each stop.

There are lots of threads here about the different tour guides who would be more than happy to personalize your day. If you take a taxi at the pier you may or may not have a good experience...hope this helps!

Archived