Priceline - for a family?

southt00

With Priceline you're taking a chance. Priceline guarantees a room for 2 and as such you may be stucked with a single bed. If you do take a shot and win a bid, you can call the hotel directly and request 2 beds. The hotel will note your resrvation but will also tell you that it's not a guarantee. Pricelined rooms reservations are the lowest on the totem pole.

You can try www.hotwire.com. It may be few $ more for the same hotel(s) but they don't have such restrictions.

Not saying that Priceline won't work, just saying that you are taking a little chance.

My sister ended up with a king with her Dh and two kids. Dad ended up on the floor.;) It is a chance you take with PL. I'd definitely look at Hotwire in your case. Less to worry about. And you can figure out the hotels by using betterbidding.com info.

My sister ended up with a king with her Dh and two kids. Dad ended up on the floor.;) It is a chance you take with PL. I'd definitely look at Hotwire in your case. Less to worry about. And you can figure out the hotels by using betterbidding.com info.

Ok, not to start a family feud here, but if your SISTER ended up with the king, I guess she booked. Why did dad end up on the floor? :rolleyes:

I'm in the same situation and I will make sure there are two beds or I will be on the floor. My screw up, my fix up. Hotwire for me.

Ok, not to start a family feud here, but if your SISTER ended up with the king, I guess she booked. Why did dad end up on the floor? :rolleyes:

I'm in the same situation and I will make sure there are two beds or I will be on the floor. My screw up, my fix up. Hotwire for me.

Dad was being a good guy:D Not gonna make mom sleep on the floor.

And for the OP, they DID request two beds by calling the hotel. But they arrived pretty late and were given "what was available" per desk clerk. They were offered the chance to buy another room...at full price.

I hate stressing about travel stuff so I definitely would use hotwire when needing two beds. Travelzoo also has some great specials occasionally. easyclicktravel is another I've used.

Archived