One day cruise

magoo07

I've recently read posts about one day cruises and I am curious. Why would anyone go on a one day cruise that leaves and returns to the same port? What is there that lures people to this type of trip. Not being critical, just curious.

I've recently read posts about one day cruises and I am curious. Why would anyone go on a one day cruise that leaves and returns to the same port? What is there that lures people to this type of trip. Not being critical, just curious.

I would do a 1 day cruise if I had not been on the ship before. And if the port was close to my house.:)

We did a one night cruise once and if it ever becomes available again, I would do it in a heartbeat. We got a group of 10 friends and family together for the trip. It was a fun afternoon/evening/night out with lunch, drinking, dinner, gambling, show, more drinking, more gambling, more eating (midnight snack), even bowling (it was on the NCL Pearl). It was just a fun way to spend some time with good friends and family...and not have to worry about driving home. Cheaper than going out to land based restaurants for lunch, dinner, midnight snack, plus hotel room and entertainment. And it was a great way to check out a cruiseline (NCL) that I had never been on before.

Edited: Disclaimer....we live less than an hour from the port. Honestly don't think I would do a one night cruise if I had to drive more than an hour or two. Its only worth it if its close enough.

We've been on a couple of 1 and 2 night cruises in the past. It was a lot of fun, over quick but fun. We would do it again if it was within driving distance or part of another vacation.

I have nieces in the State of Washington and we also love the city of Vancouver, so it would be a possibility for us to add on a 1 or 2 night cruise in Seattle or Vancouver some time.

We've done the one nighters between Vancouver & Seattle a few times. Like the previous posters have said - it's a great night out & very affordable!

We live near Vancouver & just get a greyhound bus home from Seattle. We get a lovely day & evening out on the cruiseship and then spend a nice day in Seattle before our bus ride home.

Where else can you get lunch, snacks, dinner, shows, gambling, a room for the night & breakfast the next day - all for one low price!!

Lots of folks will go to a party/dance in a hotel for one evening....saves them from having to drive home! If you're close enough for a party on a ship---why not? It certainly wouldn't make sense if you had to fly to a port or drive a long distance, but a short drive....it'd be ok!

Archived