VERY LONG Spirit 12/20 Cruise Review - The great, the bad and the ugly...

x2tpd

Pool is definitely salt water.

I think the Galaxy of the Stars is a great comfy place to sit. Another idea if there are only 2 of you would be the little sitting areas for two on deck 8 next to the jewelery store.

Pool is definitely salt water.

I think the Galaxy of the Stars is a great comfy place to sit. Another idea if there are only 2 of you would be the little sitting areas for two on deck 8 next to the jewelery store.

Any specific treatments? I have the whole menu and all the dailies with the specials. I can tell you that the seaweed wrap was the most expensive I did and it was in the $230 range. There was a bunch of specials in the $110 range $130 with auto gratutity. If you want the whole list let me know I can photograph it and send it to you via email.

Here is the initial spa menu. There are a LOT of specials throughout the cruise. Also you should know that they offer a bunch of $20 add on's when you book a specific service. $20 for hot stones, $20 for scalp massage etc..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9120941@N05/4243233458/

Any specific treatments? I have the whole menu and all the dailies with the specials. I can tell you that the seaweed wrap was the most expensive I did and it was in the $230 range. There was a bunch of specials in the $110 range $130 with auto gratutity. If you want the whole list let me know I can photograph it and send it to you via email.

Here is the initial spa menu. There are a LOT of specials throughout the cruise. Also you should know that they offer a bunch of $20 add on's when you book a specific service. $20 for hot stones, $20 for scalp massage etc..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9120941@N05/4243233458/

Thanks for the review ! My husband and I are looking at this for 2011.........as you can see we've been mainly on Carnival.....5 Carnival with 2 more booked this year, 1 RC, and 1 Norweigan......Norwegian Sea !! Norwegian Sea was our first cruise and we loved it.....little ship but lots of fun ! We loved the food but I'm sure it's changed since we were last on the Sea......no specialty resturants except for the supper club.....but the food in the MDR was very good !! The more I read about this......I'm thinking we'll book this for March of 2011 !! :D

Ginnie

We are leaving 1/10 on the Spirit and are going to be in 11050 so I really appreciate your review. Hope the bathroom problems have been fixed by then but at least we know what to look for. The room temp isn't nearly as big a problem for us as the bathroom problem. Thanks again for a balanced review. Anne

We are leaving 1/10 on the Spirit and are going to be in 11050 so I really appreciate your review. Hope the bathroom problems have been fixed by then but at least we know what to look for. The room temp isn't nearly as big a problem for us as the bathroom problem. Thanks again for a balanced review. Anne

I hope so too... There was a small pocket knife left from a previous guest in the safe : ) I left it there so wonder how many trips it has taken.

The grout didnt have but 6 hours to dry. So I hope they have some sort of super fast drying grout or it's not going to hold. They were responsive to fixing things but the cleaning never got done right. I did clean it off the interior of the shower and the ceiling because I couldn't take it anymore so at least that is done. :D

Have a great time! Despite the mold we did .....

Hi, last week I booked with NCL and was given a upgrade to this suite (11050). We will sail January 2011, maybe they will have if fixed by then. Do you have any pix of the suite itself? We've done Carnival several times, but this is first time on NCL. Thanks for the review..

Thanks.. Bob

Thanks for your review, x2tpd. I'm sorry you had problems with your cabin but glad you had a good time overall.

I do have a couple of questions- 1. How many "formal" or dress-up nights were there? What percentage of men would you estimate wore coats and ties? We like to dress up a bit but won't bother if most other pax don't.

2. Are there robes provided in the cabins? We have a regular ocean view room, not a suite.

Thanks in advance.

Did NCL run a "laundry special" on your cruise? [You know, where the room steward leaves SPECIAL BAG and you can get it all cleaned and folded for a set price, typically $20.]

Laundry special at $24.95 for all you can fit in the bag. It is run on Wednesday and Thursday with return of your clothes on Saturday evening at turndown. We got our clean clothes Saturday mid-day. So, good for going home with clean clothes, but not for having clean clothes during the cruise. So if you are looking to reduce your packing by using the laundry special- it just won't work. This is the way it was on the 1/3-1/10 cruise.

Laundry special at $24.95 for all you can fit in the bag. It is run on Wednesday and Thursday with return of your clothes on Saturday evening at turndown. We got our clean clothes Saturday mid-day. So, good for going home with clean clothes, but not for having clean clothes during the cruise. So if you are looking to reduce your packing by using the laundry special- it just won't work. This is the way it was on the 1/3-1/10 cruise.

Thank you for your prompt response. We're doing a B2B [Jan 17 cruise and Jan 24 cruise] so the Week One laundry special will be a great benefit to us [and its free because we're platinum].

Your review is excellent and has prompted more interest and responses than I've seen in a long time. Very, very timely for those of us cruising on the Spirit this winter and spring.

Again thanks for the review. I agree that every cruise has something or another that could be changed for the better. Your review certainly seemed fair. We are in 11020 in two weeks. Hope that cabin is good.

Nancy

Thanks for your review, x2tpd. I'm sorry you had problems with your cabin but glad you had a good time overall.

I do have a couple of questions- 1. How many "formal" or dress-up nights were there? What percentage of men would you estimate wore coats and ties? We like to dress up a bit but won't bother if most other pax don't.

2. Are there robes provided in the cabins? We have a regular ocean view room, not a suite.

Thanks in advance.

1) I recall one formal night. Then some people dressed up on Christmas itself. There was far less dressing up on this cruise, which surprised us since it was a holiday cruise. I know this itinerary is generally more casual and it sure was. We didn't care either though... We dressed up for Christmas dinner and that was it.

2) Two robes were in the balcony cabin. I dont know about any other cabin type.

I was hoping you had time to post the Dailies for this cruise.

Are you wanting the covers or what specifically? I have not done it yet but if you want something specific I am looking at a three day weekend and I will try to get it done for you.

Archived