Price Guarantee ??

edzoo

After I booked my cruise on the CCL website, I saw (on the CCL site) that they price there dropped for 1/2 day on the same exact cruise I booked. Then it went back up. I did capture a screen shot of the price change that day. And I immediately filled out the online form requesting a OBC for the difference. I received an e-mail back saying that this didn't qualify.

Then, the next day (and still within the required time period) I saw an even lower price on Orbitz (same category, exact same everything). Again, I captured a screen shot and I filled out the request and got back the exact same (form) e-mail saying it didn't qualify.

What's up with that and is there any way to get a more favorable result?

Also, O/T, but we are waitlisted for early dining. I'm kind getting grumpy about several nitpicky issues with this cruise, including this one, since we are traveling with teens and have no interest in attending the R-rated late show. Any ideas for getting off the wait list and moving up to the big time? My past guest status has gotten me absolutely nowhere with any of the issues I've tried to address with CCL this time around :(

Hard to help without any details. You say you saw a price drop 1/2 day after you booked?? Did you fill out the 110% price guarantee ... or the early saver form? If it was within 48 hours of booking then you should have gotten 110% of the difference.

As far as seeing a lower price on another site, it probably was either a Carnival price or a glitch. Some have seen glitches on other sites, where if you click thru the price changes on the TA site back to what Carnival price is. Since no TA is supposed to be allowed to advertise a lower price ... again we would need more details when it happened so someone else can check it out what you are seeing.

Did they say why the price drop didnt count?? For instance you booked a 4A and the price you saw was a IS guarantee ... not the same exact category? Are you sure you saw the exact same category had dropped?

If they said why the price drop did not count ... and you tell us what was said, maybe someone here can explain... or tell you to resubmit it with the print screen.

Sounds like you just booked a quad ... make sure you are looking at the price for a quad, not for a 2 person cabin when comparing prices. If there are no more quads in your category, you cant price match.

Another thought ... you are submitting the early saver form ... but didnt book the early saver rate and are past final payment?

Looks like you just booked for January 2nd>.. so the only price drop you could submit for is the 110% form within 48 hours of when you booked.

if the price drops after 48 hours .... your only choice is to request a upgrade when you see the price drop. You are past final payment so you dont get rate drops after 48 hours after you booked ... only can request a upgrade to the category that matches what you paid.

Also, O/T, but we are waitlisted for early dining. I'm kind getting grumpy about several nitpicky issues with this cruise, including this one, since we are traveling with teens and have no interest in attending the R-rated late show. Any ideas for getting off the wait list and moving up to the big time? My past guest status has gotten me absolutely nowhere with any of the issues I've tried to address with CCL this time around :(

I' m also waitlisted for "yourtime" dining. I would also like to know how I can get off this list and move up to the bigtime. What if we are still on the waiting list by the time the cruise comes? Will we just be left in limbo? :eek:

It usually takes about a week to get listed for which dining .. if you booked totally last minute, you might not get assigned your dining time until you board. If its not what you want ... go see the maitre d' and request that it be changed. Should take about 24 hours to get changed, meanwhile the first night eat in the buffet if you have to.

When you submitted the 110% price guarantee ... be sure you say you found the price the day you booked and are using the 48 hour price guarantee. .. some are using this form for early saver and they may have rejected your claim because they thought you were confused

Thanks for your quick reply Fire! Just to clarify, I didn't do early saver, but booked a couple weeks ago and then, the next day, saw on the CCL site that the Past Guest Rate, OV, 4 people, dropped by $20. It went back up later that day. Then I saw it the same day on Orbitz, again, Past Guest, OV, 4 people. The claim form requests the link where you saw the price.

When I submitted my request, I didn't specify that I was asking for the 110% guarantee, but I clicked on the link for the 110% guarantee and they had my booking number, so I assume the would be able to figure out that I was not an early saver.

I received e-mails back from both of them saying, "Please be advised your Best Price Guarantee claim has been denied as it does not fall under the guidelines required for adjustment. " Then there's a link to the 110% Guarantee page for their policy.

I did send a follow-up e-mail tonight asking for the reason it was denied.

A lot of people submit that form now for ES because they say it gets more results, so they probably get a whole bunch of 110% guarantee forms for ES, so they didnt realize yours was actually for the stated reason as few use it as intended.

I would make sure it says on the form you saw the price the day you booked and resubmit it.

Another thought ... you are submitting the early saver form ... but didnt book the early saver rate and are past final payment?

Looks like you just booked for January 2nd>.. so the only price drop you could submit for is the 110% form within 48 hours of when you booked.

if the price drops after 48 hours .... your only choice is to request a upgrade when you see the price drop. You are past final payment so you dont get rate drops after 48 hours after you booked ... only can request a upgrade to the category that matches what you paid.

Fire - I thought I read somewhere that the 110% Price Protection applies only up to the the Cancellation Penalty Period - but I can't find same in the 110% Price Protection Terms & Conditions.

edzoo - If Carnival responds with the above reason, I'd come back to them with the fact that that's not stated anywhere in the published Terms & Conditions for 110% Price Protection.

Otherwise, I can't see any reason why the claim would be denied!

Keep us updated!!!

ken

Fire - I thought I read somewhere that the 110% Price Protection applies only up to the the Cancellation Penalty Period - but I can't find same in the 110% Price Protection Terms & Conditions.

ken

Iv never read that anything that says that.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/fun/cruise_control/guarantee.aspx

Carnival's 110% Best Price Guarantee:

• You'll have 48 hours from the time you book to find a lower price

• Carnival will give you 110% of the difference in onboard credit

• Best Price Guarantee only applies to publicly available rates

small print included with the above link.

There used to be a phrase in the Description of the 110% Protection Guarantee:

"It allows for bookings made within the standard penalty period to receive a lower rate ....."

I mis-recalled the statement, which pretty says that the 110% Price Guarantee applies into the Cancellation Window. So...I can't see any reason the claims should be denied.

ken

Also people should know that even when your dining time says CONFIRMED online it only means that your REQUEST is CONFIRMED... This does not mean that you are GUARANTEED that dining selection... You get your arrangements when checking in for the cruise...

Thanks for your quick reply Fire! Just to clarify, I didn't do early saver, but booked a couple weeks ago and then, the next day, saw on the CCL site that the Past Guest Rate, OV, 4 people, dropped by $20. It went back up later that day. Then I saw it the same day on Orbitz, again, Past Guest, OV, 4 people. The claim form requests the link where you saw the price.

When I submitted my request, I didn't specify that I was asking for the 110% guarantee, but I clicked on the link for the 110% guarantee and they had my booking number, so I assume the would be able to figure out that I was not an early saver.

I received e-mails back from both of them saying, "Please be advised your Best Price Guarantee claim has been denied as it does not fall under the guidelines required for adjustment. " Then there's a link to the 110% Guarantee page for their policy.

I did send a follow-up e-mail tonight asking for the reason it was denied.

Hi Edzoo,

What category did you book? Did you just book OV guarantee or a specific category?

You said the price drop for for past guest which you obviously are and OV which would lead me to believe the price drop was for guarantees.

If you did indeed book a guarantee you should have been entitled to the price drop.

If you booked a specific category then you would not qualify.

Bill

Archived