What's to do in Port Everglades area????

bjrose

We are meeting someone at the port for the day from morning until 4:30 pm. Where is a great place to walk around and go for lunch within a few miles of Port Everglades??? We know Las Ollas area of Ft Lauderdale. Is there something closer with things to do?? Please respond soon.

bjrose

A nice walking area is the Riverwalk, which starts at US1 next to Las Olas, goes by Riverfront, and continues to the Center for the Performing Arts. Walk back on 2nd St and pass the Discovery Center/Imax and lots of pubs and cafes. There is also the Museum of Art on Las Olas near Andrews Ave. As an alternative, you could walk along the beachfront along A1A; this is the only area closer than Las Olas that has anything to see. But there is nothing as nice as Las Olas, and it is not far from the port (as you already know).

Are you actually meeting inside the cruise port area? If so, are you sure you'll be able to pass through the port security checkpoint at the port entrance? If you have a passport take it along for identity. You should be able to get in somehow. Riverwalk and the beach are close to the same distance apart. I'd go to the beach.

A nice walking area is the Riverwalk, which starts at US1 next to Las Olas, goes by Riverfront, and continues to the Center for the Performing Arts. Walk back on 2nd St and pass the Discovery Center/Imax and lots of pubs and cafes. There is also the Museum of Art on Las Olas near Andrews Ave. As an alternative, you could walk along the beachfront along A1A; this is the only area closer than Las Olas that has anything to see. But there is nothing as nice as Las Olas, and it is not far from the port (as you already know).

If you don't mind me asking, I see you were on the Emerald Princess in Nov. We are booked for Mar 7th sailing. How was the ship? Did you enjoy it?

Also, another question about Las Olas, etc. We are picking up someone who works on the Grand Princess at the port. Can we get through the gate if we show our passports etc? I have been told we couldn't. Do you know this? Also, when leaving the port area, we do not have to go on 95 again to get to Las Olas, right? I have never entered from anywhere except 95 coming from the north as we live in Palm Beach County. Thank you so much.

bjrose

If you don't mind me asking, I see you were on the Emerald Princess in Nov. We are booked for Mar 7th sailing. How was the ship? Did you enjoy it?

Also, another question about Las Olas, etc. We are picking up someone who works on the Grand Princess at the port. Can we get through the gate if we show our passports etc? I have been told we couldn't. Do you know this? Also, when leaving the port area, we do not have to go on 95 again to get to Las Olas, right? I have never entered from anywhere except 95 coming from the north as we live in Palm Beach County. Thank you so much.

bjrose

The Emerald was most enjoyable, beautiful, and pleasant service everywhere. We always get a friend to pick us up at the port. When you get to the gate, just tell the guard that you are picking someone up from the Grand. Everyone in the car must show ID. No, you do not have to get on 95. The easiest route is to take S. Federal Hwy north to E. Broward Blvd (about 2 miles north of SE 17th St.), turn right. Then turn right at the first traffic light and it will take you to Las Olas, 2 blocks down.

The Emerald was most enjoyable, beautiful, and pleasant service everywhere. We always get a friend to pick us up at the port. When you get to the gate, just tell the guard that you are picking someone up from the Grand. Everyone in the car must show ID. No, you do not have to get on 95. The easiest route is to take S. Federal Hwy north to E. Broward Blvd (about 2 miles north of SE 17th St.), turn right. Then turn right at the first traffic light and it will take you to Las Olas, 2 blocks down.

Will do. Thanks for the info. Really helps.

Archived