Ruby Princess 4/19/2010

SgpMBL

Thank you for responding.

Trying to decide on a TA will need all the info I can get because of the length of the cruise and the number of sea days. I love my sea days....but a bad boat or a truly boring atmosphere would drive me battyand to harass the crew(in a good way) way too much.

Getting keel hauled mid ocean....not a good thing

Thanks again

Tom

PS....bon voyage everyone.:D

Never realized that Miami Gay pride is so early. Jon -- hope you have fun. Unfortunately, our flight doesn't arrive in Saturday early evening so we'll miss it.

If you go, take pics, would love to see it.

Never realized that Miami Gay pride is so early. Jon -- hope you have fun. Unfortunately, our flight doesn't arrive in Saturday early evening so we'll miss it.

If you go, take pics, would love to see it.

I wont be there in time either... but the other couple on the forum will be there and in the middle of it ... will be fun to hear what they think of it..:rolleyes:

Had to spend a couple of days off of reading through the board so that we could pack. Good news is that Bryan just finished packing. Jeremy is almost finished. Now it's time to fully catching up again one last time.

We'll be flying to Florida Saturday afternoon. May not be able to catch up on the CC boards before we fly out. Still have much to do before then.

Safe travels everyone and see you all on board! :):)

Jon --

Hope flights from Europe are back up soon. Certainly don't want the ship to leave without you.

Bryan & Jeremy

Many thanks for your message...

If the worst happens perhaps I will fly out to Madeira and join there.. depends on what Princess offer..

Fortunately I booked the package through Princess, so they cant provide the flight they will have to offer a full refund or viable alternative.. and it appears there are several Brits on this cruise...

I will keep my fingers crossed and my cases packed....

Jonathan

Jon --

Hope flights from Europe are back up soon. Certainly don't want the ship to leave without you.

Bryan & Jeremy

Princess have no spare cabins and despite me trying to get on in Madeira since I was told the flights were cancelled, they have resold the cabin to a bunch of Russians coming on in Madeira...

Sorry wont be meeting you guys... I must admit you two were top of the list to meet, and I even have a nice bottle of vintage Madeira here with a white ribbon on it as a wedding present for you guys....

I dont know if you like Jack Daniels.. but if you do and want some for your cabin you would need to email me for further details .... cant put it on the board....

• 5 months later...

Jon --

Not sure if you're still checking this thread, but figured I'd try anyway. Would love to get to meet you in person at some point in the future.

We'll be in your area (UK -- It's a big country so that is quite an assumption) in April and will be sailing on the Vision of the Seas on April 29 from Southampton. It's a four day sailing from Southampton, to Amsterdam (overnight -- and in time for Queen's Day), then to Copenhagen.

Just thought to let you know in case you may be able to join on board.

Bryan

HEY..

Nice to hear from you guys!!

how was your trip??

I did the Adventure of the seas and there were 65 of us on-board ..

it was certainly more than I expected...

on the 2nd day I was invited to join a table for 10 and it made such a

difference...

the sea was like glass all the way to Europe....

I will certainly look at the 4 day trip you mention, tho it may interfere

with the transatlantic

I hope to do again... just havent decided what ship to choose..

Hope all is well with you guys

Jonathan

We had a great trip. In Fort Lauderdale, we met a German couple that was just trying to get home and we suggested that they join us on the cruise (we thought they could probably get your room or a room of another person that was on the other side of the Atlantic). They ended up joining and was upgraded to a balcony -- unfortunately, they ended up leaving after we got to Madeira, but they were very kind and gave us their room.

On the Ruby Princess, there were about 30-40 people that joined the FOD meetings. The crossing was quite pleasant and we had a great time in Europe. The Ruby Flames were a great company and your name was mentioned a number of times early in the cruise as many others wanted to get to meet you.

We certainly hope to be able to meet up with you at some point, whether it is on the Vision or a future cruise. We have a number of other cruises that we're scheduled to do in the coming year in addition to the April Vision of the Seas. We'll be on the Celebrity Summit for an eastern caribbean cruise leaving on December 18 later this year and next summer, we'll be on an August 28 Hawaii cruise on Norwegian's Pride of America.

Archived