Fury Catamaran and Snorkel

RICKnVICK

Just wondering if anyone was familiar with the Fury Catamaran excursion? I have been doing a little reading and it sounds great, but I would really appreciate any advice from someone who has done this excursion. Thanks!

Vicki

We have been to Cozumel twice and both times chose this excursion. We are going back in Feb and when I mentioned trying a different excursion, my husband flipped out! lol

It is a lot of fun, however, I am not a big fan of their favorite snorkeling spots. Both times the water has been 20-30ft deep and no reefs to speak of so the only fish we see are those that aare trained to come in a feed when snorkelers arrive. Ok for first timers, but as an experienced snorkeler it is a bit boring to me.

The staff of Fury is great, the boat ride is a lot of fun, and the drinks never end. The beach is quiet and had shaded tables as well as volleyball court, kayaks, other watersports, a few market type souvenier tables (no pushy sales people though).

You can also pay extra at the beach for horseback riding or ATV rides.

We usually recommend this excursion when friends ask and will do it again. We also like that it is kind of short. When we get back, we have time to go back to our room and change then taxi into town and shop a little before departure. Oh, and the Fury will pick you up right t the dock, no cab or bus to catch from there... just get off the ship and walk on the catamaran! Hope this helps!

I would recommend this excursion. We took this on our very first cruise (and have repeated it twice). Each time we had a blast. The first time I thought I died and went to heaven at the beach break. They swam the beers out to us while we layed on the mats in the water. The attention given by the crew gets a thumbs up - very friendly and fun people, but also keeping an eye on everyone for safety. I agree that the snorkeling wasn't the best, but all in all a very fun excursion.

Thanks for the great info! We are definitely going to do this excursion. We have been to Paradise Beach many times and love it, but want to try something different this time.

Lela - it's great we are neighbors!!!

Vicki

OK, I have to disagree. We did this excursion with the Fury in 2003, and it was fabulous. The snorkeling was great, as was the beach. We went with the Fury in March 2009, and they took us snorkeling in the harbor. It was horrible - no fish to be seen! If you are going just for the partying, it was fine, but remember this. No alcohol until the snorkeling is over, and you only get about an hour at the beach. We'll be in Cozumel in March this year, and we're looking for a different company for snorkeling.

OK, I have to disagree. We did this excursion with the Fury in 2003, and it was fabulous. The snorkeling was great, as was the beach. We went with the Fury in March 2009, and they took us snorkeling in the harbor. It was horrible - no fish to be seen! If you are going just for the partying, it was fine, but remember this. No alcohol until the snorkeling is over, and you only get about an hour at the beach. We'll be in Cozumel in March this year, and we're looking for a different company for snorkeling.

DW and I rode the Fury in Dec. The snorkeling was great, down the southern coast on the reef. Beer and Margarita's were after the snorkeling was over, but were also available at the private beach and on the sail home. We had a great time. Here are some pics with my underwater camera from the Fury.

1928573334_Coz18.jpg.8fa15e88f1e6b212dad5b8ff202c09f1.jpg

1806741812_Coz23.jpg.63aa13963799ebb9b0d40e4ab176f089.jpg

Archived