Aqua Thearter Screens... For all who have set sail on Oasis..

AlBell509

Maybe this was mentioned before.. maybe not, but I have been wondering.. with those big screens at the aqua thearter, do they happen to show movies at night?! A friend went on a Princess Cruise and she said they did movie nights with pop corn and all that great stuff.. even the Disney cruises do this... Thought maybe b.c of the huge TV screens there maybe Oasis will do the same.

On the xmas cruise, they did show two movies xmas eve (Polar Express and Elf), but I don't think this will be a regular event as they said those screens aren't really made for showing movies.

Also, both screens had a number of blocks of LEDs out and hopefully they have been, or will be, replaced.

On the xmas cruise, they did show two movies xmas eve (Polar Express and Elf), but I don't think this will be a regular event as they said those screens aren't really made for showing movies.

Also, both screens had a number of blocks of LEDs out and hopefully they have been, or will be, replaced.

I'm sorry to hear the blacked out sections on the LEDs are back. They've had that problem from the beginning, but were serviced during one of the pre-inaugurals and fixed. If they're back, sounds like it will be an ongoing problem for them.

• 2 weeks later...

The Bee Movie (animated movie with Jerry Seinfeld as the bee) was projected on the screens on the Jan 2 sailing. I had a B1 boardwalk view balcony nearest to the Aquatheater and the screens and it was pretty cool. A few pixels were out on each screen but it was not a problem at all. My only complaint was that the resident bagpipper decided to play on the boardwalk during the movie and it was rather annoying.

OH MY GOD, the guy that plays bagpippe is still onboard? He was good the first night, okay the second night ... then it whent down hill from there!! And the staff was ready to kill him ...

I am happy to hear that they show movies on Oasis, they didn't do that when I was onboard.

Archived