Booking Excursions on "O" Website

SD_Murph

We are on the BA-Rio "Samba Rhythms" right now and come to find that our on-line booking reservations for Excursions have been 'lost'. Be aware that they know this problem exists, but are not announcing it to the passengers. I have been told that it was probably my fault, but I am certain that prior to boarding I confirmed that reservations were in the system for our shore excursion.

Has anyone else had this problem with O?

Our on-line reservations for the specialty restaurants are just fine.

When booking on-line, our advice is to print the confirmation and ensure that you check with the Destination Services when you arrive.

This has been a common problem with many passengers. When booking excursions online before the cruise, your reservation is not complete until you reach the payment page, provide your credit card information and receive a confirmation that your credit card has been successfully charged. If you have not provided credit card info, you do not have a reserved booking. Unfortunately, they do not provide an email confirmation like many other online purchases.

The pre-cruise excursion booking process does not provide a way to defer payment or to use your shipboard credit. You must wait until you are on board to do that.

To check your booking, click on the "Already Booked" link, log in, then click on "Manage Your Cruise". You will see a summary including excursions which should list the confirmed reservations; you can also click on "View" and see the details of the excursion including the word "Reserved".

We were able to confirm our reservations and repeatedly viewed them before our departure. The real question is why 'O' staff are not announcing this problem and then implying that the client has done something wrong.

This is a great organization - with the exception of the Tours. Oh well...

We had a great New Year's Eve off of Rio. The party in Horizons went well after 2 am.

Happy New Year from Insignia in Buzios, Brazil

Did you pay for them when you pre-booked them? Do you have a credit card charge on your credit card statement? If not, they were NOT confirmed. As Hondormer said - unless paid in full prior to cruise, they are not booked. Since you did not state that you were now paying "double", I am assuming that you did not. No payment, no ticket.

I had booked some excursions online and received an email conformation. I booked additional ones at a later date and wondered why I did not receive a confirmation. I happened to be looking at the Boards and someone mentioned the fact that you had to continue to the page where credit card information is requested. I completed the booking and received my confirmation. Some of the excursions on Hong Kong to Athens must be booked by telephone. That confirmation was sent to my TA.

Don and Betsy - I just booked our tour for Florence yesterday (for our cruise in April) and did receive an email confirmation almost immediately. I guess I'm lucky, I've never had a problem booking tours online. The hard part will be knowing when I want to book our reservations for the other restaurants. The cruise we will be on has only three sea days for the entire 36 day cruise. I'll try and book those three days but have no idea what I will feel like during the rest of the cruise. We can always change them when we board.....

Karen

• 2 weeks later...
We are on the BA-Rio "Samba Rhythms" right now and come to find that our on-line booking reservations for Excursions have been 'lost'. Be aware that they know this problem exists, but are not announcing it to the passengers. I have been told that it was probably my fault, but I am certain that prior to boarding I confirmed that reservations were in the system for our shore excursion.

Has anyone else had this problem with O?

Our on-line reservations for the specialty restaurants are just fine.

When booking on-line, our advice is to print the confirmation and ensure that you check with the Destination Services when you arrive.

We had the same problem on the same cruise with our advance shore excursion reservation "disappearing". We only booked one and we were able to rebook on the ship, but it was still annoying.

Archived