Liberty cabins 6452,6483

dpal2208

Hi all,

We are planning a cruise for 2010 and looking at the Liberty. Has anyone been in either of these cabins? I see it is above a club, anyone had noise issues at night? vibration issues?

It looks like a great cabin but I am concerned about the club below. Please let us know.

Any pictures would be great too. I have researched webshots and found some decent pics but I would love some cruise critic insight as well as fellow cruisers shots.

Just off my first suite and loved it but I always wanted an aft wrap balcony and it looks great! Suggestions please.

Bon Voyage

djp

Hi all,

We are planning a cruise for 2010 and looking at the Liberty. Has anyone been in either of these cabins? I see it is above a club, anyone had noise issues at night? vibration issues?

It looks like a great cabin but I am concerned about the club below. Please let us know.

Any pictures would be great too. I have researched webshots and found some decent pics but I would love some cruise critic insight as well as fellow cruisers shots.

Just off my first suite and loved it but I always wanted an aft wrap balcony and it looks great! Suggestions please.

Bon Voyage

djp

We are also in the process on picking a aft bal and been looking at all the differ options. We were in 7445 on the Li this last Nov and it was the perfect cabin, we have it booked again also for our Gl sailing but we are tossing round the idea of going down to 6483. Here is a link that has helped a lil bit,

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1106983

We were in 6483 last February and loved it. There was some noise from the club below occasionally, but I think it would vary by cruise, as in our case that club was used mainly for karaoke. If you've got a rocking group of singers you may have more noise....

There was also some vibration in the cabin upon docking, but we looked at it as a positive.. we knew when we were pulling into port and should be up and getting ready to go!

The room is fabulous and we would love to book it again... we are trying out the panorama deck for this cruise, but should the upgrade fairy call and make us an offer..... it would be very hard to pass up!!

One caveat... those rooms are triples... if you don't have 3 there is always the possibility you would get moved (however slight).

Go for it!! and enjoy!!

Hi all,

Bon Voyage

djp

djp,

We've sailed 6483 on Liberty a couple of times. We experienced zero noise from the club below. The port side cabin beside 6452 is known for noise from the club below, but we only heard noise when in the hallway. There's also an extra cabin door blocking hall way noise that is to access the aft wrap and adjacent balcony. Our sons had 6479 which is the aft side balcony beside 6483 and they experienced no noise from below. The club below has a stage which is situated such that it directs sound toward the cabin adjacent to 6452 on the port side, but 6452 was quiet while the cabin beside it was very noisy.

There is some vibration during thruster use while coming into ports. Overall motion is nominal other than during heavy seas and even then it's not bad. If the ship is in a hurry to get somewhere there will be vibration, but not bad; we were at 24 knots one time for a medical emergency and the vibration was still tolerable.

We would turn down a suite for half price of what we pay for our aft wraps;

2172425150065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

2275954640065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

There's not much overhang, but even when it rains you can still go outside as long as you stay near the wall you'll be relatively dry (Yes the balcony dividers on each side can be opened) When the ship is moving the balcony stays dry for the most part even when raining;

2199527500065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

The aft views are always nice and sometimes stunning;

2510294020065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

The views off to the side are also quite pleasant;

2383395330065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

There's no better balcony on any Conquest class ship, and no better place to watch a sunset than your own deck. Yes, I did say deck, not balcony;

2765594980065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

The rooms are odd shaped, but decent sized with a full couch for a third person. Suites are larger for sure, but the suite balconies aren't comparable to the 'sweet' balconies of the aft wraps.

You can find pics of 6483 on Liberty and also 6452 on Freedom in our webshots albums. Link is in my signature. Send me a friend request on Webshots to download the full size pics.

We have 6483 booked on the Liberty in February. We have 3 of us, so deck 6 was our only option. However, after reading everyones suggestions I think I would have picked deck 6 regardless. It's deeper and has more actual AFT than the others. 7 doesn't seem to have any actual AFT but is between decks so the noise will be reduced.

Good luck in whatever you choose.

Thanks for all the info everyone.

We did it. We booked 6452 in Sept (eastern). We just got of the Inspiration in a penthouse suite. It sure was nice but this actually looks just as nice. A little less room and no wirlpool tub, but I suppose we can rough it LOL. Looking at the "deck" I cant say it could possibly be a bad deal. I think these aft cabins are probably better than the suites (but I guess I'll let you know in Sept).

Keep the pictures coming. If anyone has any cabin pic that would be great or a video tour it would be wonderful.

Happy New Year everyone

Let your sails be full...and the wind blow you to your final destination without conflict.

Bon Voyage

djp

We were in 6452 in 2007. The cabin is the same size as all the 8A balcony cabins, but the balcony is fantastic. The only negative comment I could make about that particular balcony is the cabin to your left has a slanted divider, and they can see fully onto your balcony; in other words, not very private. The Liberty is our favorite ship out of 13 Carnival ships. Enjoy!

We were in 6452 in 2007. The cabin is the same size as all the 8A balcony cabins, but the balcony is fantastic. The only negative comment I could make about that particular balcony is the cabin to your left has a slanted divider, and they can see fully onto your balcony; in other words, not very private. The Liberty is our favorite ship out of 13 Carnival ships. Enjoy!

all aft dividers sit at an angle. When standing at the rail you can see anyone standing out there all the way to the other side- You will see many people out here when leaving or entering a port.

An aft balcony is warm- you get no ocean breezes like you do on a side balcony. Keep the curtains closed to the cabin to keep it cool.

The halls back here are quiet as people do not venture where they dont have to on a ship. Its a trek to the stairs/elevators.

Archived