Putting SD into perspective

DJ's DH

Each of the 18 lifeboats on Oasis of the Seas holds 370 people.:eek:

One Oasis lifeboat would hold to ALL passengers and crew on a fully loaded SD (I or II, at 56 couples plus 95 crew = 207) and still have room for 163 more...:rolleyes:

I'll take quality over quantity any day!:cool:

I can't imagine that many people in one lifeboat!

I wonder how big the lifeboats are compared to the size of SD?

The Schat-Harding CRW55 lifeboats on Oasis carry 370 people on two decks and are 16.7 metres (approx. 55') long by 5.6 meters (approx. 18.5') wide. They are double deck inside and are on a catamaran type hull. Not to worry, they are the world's first lifeboats with a toilet. Only one.:eek: Are you booked yet???? Give me 340' x 110 passengers on SD. Happy New Year.

The Schat-Harding CRW55 lifeboats on Oasis carry 370 people on two decks and are 16.7 metres (approx. 55') long by 5.6 meters (approx. 18.5') wide. They are double deck inside and are on a catamaran type hull. Not to worry, they are the world's first lifeboats with a toilet. Only one.:eek: Are you booked yet???? Give me 340' x 110 passengers on SD. Happy New Year.

Imagine the service level too!

At least here is a bathroom on the lifeboat:p

I wonder, since there are so many different classes/levels of cabins/suites/penthouses, how they determine who gets in which lifeboat. I know what the buffet lines can look like on those mass market lines ... can't imagine the lifeboat drill.

Here's hoping we never need to know ...

Do you think they have wine dispensers & Cheetos on those lifeboats? LOL :)

Not sure if 3 days' water and food rations count as "wine dispensers & Cheetos"

Yeah' date=' that stuff gets changed out every 5 years as needed.:eek:[/quote']

I think I would need a lifeboat for the lifeboat ...

I think I would need a lifeboat for the lifeboat ...

For the record...Oasis lifeboats also have oars (required by law on lifeboats...but they are unusable and the Bahamian Government approved their "unsuable" state).

For the record...Oasis lifeboats also have oars (required by law on lifeboats...but they are unusable and the Bahamian Government approved their "unsuable" state).

Now I know for sure that you need to go back to work dear ...

You know WAY too much about a ship you have no desire to sail on ... ever.

Now I know for sure that you need to go back to work dear ...

You know WAY too much about a ship you have no desire to sail on ... ever.

"sail on"? You are correct - NEVER. Tour as an engineering marvel? ABSOLUTELY - Can it be arranged?

But at the end of the day, I can't take those behemoths anymore - me and a few thousand of my closest friends is no longer "fun". We've been to the Caribbean dozens of times over the past 30 years, so it isn't the islands themselves I find attractive, as much as the climate, the diversity, the food and beverage, and the process of getting from point A to point B.

Give me the service and cuisine from SD, on something SMALLER (I'm thinking bare boat), and you have one happy camper!

Yes, I need to go back to work...to make more "milkbone money" and cover our TransAtlantic cruise!

Archived