Cruise Vacation Center ?

Hi there. I know I have seen this on here before, but unfortunately the search engine is down and I have went back several pages and found no information. So here is the question or questions I pose.

www.cruisevacationcenter.com Has anyone used them and gotten credits for price drops? We booked our previous cruise with www.Buycruises.com and loved their service. However on the cruise we are looking at booking for December of this year they are $100 more than cruise vacation center. Even with me calling buycruises directly. I would be willing to pay the extra $100 because I know I will get good service, but if cruise vacation center is just as good, I would try them out.

By the way, CVC came in at just about the same price as cruisequick. Anybody know of an agency that historically runs cheaper? The only ones I have checked our Buy Cruises, Cruise Vacation Center, Cruise Quick and Cruise Con.

Thanks guys! Sorry to rehatch an old topic.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;10;24;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Til Explorer

Navigator 12/03

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I've got a native tongue, from way down south. It sits in the cheek of my Gulf Coastal Mouth."

princesstori, I'm in the same "boat" as you so to speak. I'm checking out prices with the online agencies because they seem to be running about $100-$150/pp lower than our travel agent in town. The ones that I've looked at are smartcruiser.com, cruisedirect.com, cruisesonly.com, and cruisevaluecenter.com. Right now cruisevaluecenter seems to have the best deal but the search isn't working for me to see what other people have posted about them. I hope someone responds to you soon. A couple that sailed with us on our last cruise used smartcruiser and they were happy with them.

Julie

mjcrober@yahoo.com

Fantasy 12/03

Splendour of the Seas 3/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;11;8;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600  until our first time on Princess

Grand Princess 11/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2005;7;30;18;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600  until our family cruise

Ecstasy 7/05

I have used Cruise.Value and it was just okay. Not great service but no real big problems either. I also used Cruise.Vacation.Center - they were better. Much more responsive in getting back to me when I had questions, etc. Also Cruise.Value charges (at least they used to) for cancellations where Cruise.Vacation.Center does not.

We are now booked with BestBuyCruises and so far they have been great. Has anyone used them?

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;08;08;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 

until the Mariner of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2005;02;25;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 

until the Brilliance of the Seas - Panama Canal

RCCL Sun Viking to Western Carib*Oct'81 honeymoon

Carnival Tropicale to Mexican Riviera* Sep 1984

NCL Norway to Eastern Carib * Feb 1986

Premier Oceanic to Bahamas(Big Red Boat)* May 2000

RCCL Adventure to Southern Carib * Aug 2002

RCCL Explorer to Eastern Caribbean * Feb 2003

RCCL Radiance to Alaska * Aug 2003

RCCL Serenade to Canada * Sep 2003

RCCL Explorer to Western Carib * Feb 2004

RCCL Mariner to Eastern Carib * Aug 2004

Disney Wonder to the Bahamas * Nov 2004

RCCL Brilliance to Panama Canal * Feb 2005

Just got our DOCS for AOS 6/6 sailing from CVC. They were the lowest price (by $70 pp) when we purchased the cruise last Oct. I checked 5-6 more cruise brokers online before the buy. I have emailed and called CVC once each for cruise info after the purchase and the response was good. I also monitored the price of the cruise several months after the purchase and I can say they were always the lowest. IMHO, I think they are a great value if you know what you want (i.e., cruiseline, ship, cruise location, cabin type, deck level, etc.) and don't need much assistance. This is not to say that they wouldn't provide any of this info. if you asked.

Thanks for your reponses. I went ahead and booked the cruise through Buy Cruises. The agent I booked through with them before quoted me a price that was only $48 higher than CVC total. I felt comfortable paying a little more knowing I have a slight chance of a price drop and they use Travel Guard Insurance which is cheap for the coverage it offers.

Camreesmom: Hope you find a great deal and someone you are comfortable with.

Thanks again!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;12;05;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Til Explorer

Navigator 12/03

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I've got a native tongue, from way down south. It sits in the cheek of my Gulf Coastal Mouth."

Archived