Visa Pre-paid cards

Granny1

Has anyone ever used a pre-paid visa card in the Bahamas???

Was wondering about the ones tahat you can buy at Wally-World..

Don't anticipate buying alot but ya never know when something catches your eye..;)

Thanks in advance for any information anyone can give us on this, we are 29 days and counting..Hoping Baltimore doesn't get anymore winter surprises..:rolleyes:

I have used AAA Visa Travel Cards with no problem anywhere. When my kids were teens, they both took multiple trips to Europe (with grandmother, German class and International Volleyball play). What was an added bonus, if they needed more money, I could add additional money (in cash at the local AAA office) and the funds were available immediately.

I have used it mainly to get local $ from the ATM machines at the Banks. Have use them in Europe, Mexico and Bonaire.

Easier to get money from the card than with travelers checks.

Barbara

If the Op is looking for a way to get cash, then get a debit card account at your bank and just load the account with whatever amount you think you want to have at hand. I opened a Capital One high yield money market acct and I use it only for traveling. No fees and I just deposit what I feel I might need during the trip for cash. Especially good for cash conversions in foreign countries.

If using a card for Credit purchases, just use a plain credit card. Not a prepaid Visa. Know too, if you want to purchase from a small shop, kiosk etc at some ports, only cash will be accepted.

Archived