One Day in Oahu -Tour recommendations

blowers

We are on Arcadi in Feb and will be in Oahu 0800-1700

Could you klindly recpommned a good Tour operator please and what we could do to make the most of the day?

Would we be able to briefly "see" Pearl Harbour wiothout queuing for the formal Tour?

A full island Tour is probaly out of the question?

Ideallyw e would like to see Pearl Harbour briefly /see some of the picturesque sights and spend a little time ay Waikiki -who could accomodate us on such a tour please?

Hiring a car is not an option

Thanks

Happy New Year

Geoff

Geoff

I cannot help you with the tour operators, but there are several in the area. If you want, do a search of these forums and you will come up with several good ones. I believe Roberts is the most recommended.

As for Pearl Harbor, I guess you can do a brief tour without waiting for a ticket for a regular tour. You probably can go in, go thru the museum, wander around the grounds, but the entire point of seeing Pearl harbor is really getting to the Arizona Memorial. If you get there around 8, you should have no problem getting one of the earlier tours, and it is well worth the time you spend on it. It is truly an experience that you will take with you for the rest of your life. You should not miss it, even if it adds an extra hour onto your schedule.

We went to Pearl Harbour with Roberts in 2008.

You need to figure at least 2 hrs to see the movie & get to the memorial.

The great part with Robert was that we went to get our tickets first thing. If our tickets would have been for later in the day, we would have done the rest of the island tour and then come back. Remember that you can't have any bags ( no fanny pack or camera bag) when visiting Pearl Harbour, so being on a tour was great because we were able to leave everything on the bus.

While I think the Arizona Memorial is a huge deal, I don't think it's the only reason to visit Pearl Harbor. PH is more, much more, than the one memorial. Don't get me wrong, the Arizona Memorial was one of the top items on my "must do" list the first time we visited. It was extremely moving, as was our visit to the Mighty Mo, which had just been opened for visitors (and is currently in dry dock). But there is quite a bit to see and experience even without visiting the memorial. For non-US visitors, it's not necessarily the absolute must do. I cannot reasonably expect everyone who visits Hawaii to have the same priorities I/we do.

beachchick

Maybe rent a car and do it yourself. Oahu is easy to navigate, the roads are good. I would start with Pearl Harbor and get your tickets. You can go do something until your time if it is a ways off. A hike up Diamond Head is fun. Go to Waikiki beach. Head out to Dole and the North Shore. The problem with Pearl Harbor is you have to go get your ticket in person and then wait for your time or return later. It depends how busy they are and with a cruise ship in port I would think they will be busy.

Roberts has a division that does excursions for cruise passengers. http://www.gorabbitgo.com. They do have a tour of Pearl Harbor and a Honolulu City tour. I would contact them and see what they offer the day you are in port. I am sure some of the other tour companies will have a tour to handle the cruise ship that day.

If you want to stay in the Honolulu/Waikiki area you can do that area on your own with the bus and/or taxis.

Jen in SoCal

We are on Arcadi in Feb and will be in Oahu 0800-1700

Could you klindly recpommned a good Tour operator please and what we could do to make the most of the day?

Would we be able to briefly "see" Pearl Harbour wiothout queuing for the formal Tour?

A full island Tour is probaly out of the question?

Ideallyw e would like to see Pearl Harbour briefly /see some of the picturesque sights and spend a little time ay Waikiki -who could accomodate us on such a tour please?

Hiring a car is not an option

Thanks

Happy New Year

Geoff

Mmm ...Roberst response was "here is a link to our website" and Enoa not replied......

Well it may have to be ship's tour if all else fails....

I do normally like to uspport local companies that try hard for their custom.

Archived