Any rooms that accomodate five people anywhere?

BCOS

Unfortunately, I think so. Unless you can act far in advance & get a "family suite" on Princess or one of the other lines.

I only used "unfortunately" because you used "stuck". No reflection on your children!

Have a great trip! Being "stuck" on a boat is better than most other options!

We are on the Victory 11/13/05 with our 3 kids ages 11,8,7 at the time of sailing and we have a balcony room that sleeps 5. Everyone will tell you it will be tight but we never have a problem. Our kids dislike being in the dining room....so we do late seating and the kids have room sevice for dinner then go to kids camp...then my hubby and I have time alone to get ready.They also have family suites.....but when we priced them they were much more then getting a balcony with 5 in it....Good Luck and HAPPY CRUISING!!!!!

Jayme

Hi! Family of 5 here too! We booked 2 rooms. Balc for dh and I and the girls 12, 10 & 9 across the hall. They are responsible (for the most part:rolleyes: ) and are comfortable staying without us in the room. There are RULES and they respect that. This is our first cruise so we'll see how it goes. From what I understand cabins are small.........we could never deal with one room and one bathroom!!:eek:

Maybe a better option for you guys, since you have a 6 yr old, would be connecting rooms.

Hope you find a cabin(s) that works for you!

~lurker

We are booked on the Elation with our 3 kids, and were able to book an outside with bunks. They said they would bring in a rollaway. We got upgraded to a suite somehow, but I wouldn't want my kids in another room until they are older (they are about the same ages as yours)

there might only be a few, but there are standard rooms-in and out that sleep 5. you should check the rates, though, b/c esp. if going in prime season, the 3/4/5 rate is not that much lower and if that is the case, get an outside room and an inside across the hall. you older ones can sleep there, you can split up---or just use the room as extra "space" for watching 2 diff. tvs, 2 bathrooms, etc. with kids your age, you will be a bit cramped in the cabin, though big at 172 sq ft (carnival is 185--so about the same). if you get 2 rooms, you must register 1 adult in each room--once you get on board, they DON"T care.

We tried a Royal Family Suite on the Legend of the Seas (Vision family) last August for our family of four. Had two separate sleeping areas, and two baths. The "kids" room had two twins and two upper berths. Worked out very well for us--lot's of space, and easy to get ready for dinner.

We have booked two connecting cabins on the Brilliance of the Seas this summer. We thought we would try the inner connecting door, and see how that works--we're definitely not ready to have a 9 and 12 year old across the hall at night.

The family suites seem to go pretty fast--they were already booked for the cruise we chose for next August in November, 2004. After having the family suite, we're spoiled--probably always going to look for either connecting cabins or the family suite until the kids are both teenagers!

THANKS

I know you can get some great rates on suites with Carnival but only if you are active military. I have 3 kids but only 2 are going on our next cruise and we are getting a owners suite for 1300 with a whirlpool tub. So we are spending about 3000 for a suite for the 4 of us. I know that a suite can accomodate 5 but my daughter didnt want to go.

FYI.

Archived