"Fun Ship Dollars" ???

wrf2e

I recieved $150 in Fun Ship Dollars for Christmas and had a couple of questions about them.

I am planning a cruise in late February but have not booked. My concern is that when I call my PVP on Monday I am going to have to put the entire price of the cruise on my credit card and then wait for a refund for the amount of the Fun Ship Dollars after I send them in.

If anyone has had any experience with using these to purchase a cruise within 90 days of sailing I would like to get your details on how this was handled.

I don't really want to have $150 tied up for a week or so while I wait on the credit.

I know I could just wait until Monday to find out for sure but I know with all the wisdom surfing around on these boards somebody will have the answer I am looking for.;)

You should be able to apply the funship dollars onto your booking but since you waited til the last minute its gonna be rough.

You are gonna have to ask the agent how that works.

Since it is a carnival rep the dollars are gonna have to be mailed-- and then applied- will the agent wait the 10- 15 days til it is received?

OR

just pay for the cruise on a CC then use the 150.00 s onboard credit.

Take the dollars with you and apply them at the pursers desk

How about when you book your cruise you do not prepay your tips. Then when you get on the ship you can use the funship dollars to pay for your tips and whatever else you want. Just take the funship dollars to the customer service desk when you get on the ship and they will credit it to your account.

How about when you book your cruise you do not prepay your tips. Then when you get on the ship you can use the funship dollars to pay for your tips and whatever else you want. Just take the funship dollars to the customer service desk when you get on the ship and they will credit it to your account.

Not trying to jack the thread, but it is close enough to ask..I hope.

I keep seeing everyone saying just take the Fun Ship Dollars to the desk on the ship.

The instructions said they needed to be mailed in.

We got some FSD as a Christmas gift, DD said they told her to make sure it got sent

in 2 weeks or more before we sail. I wanted to just take them with us as reccomended here on CC.

The wife said No..the instructions say.....

So..the got mailed certified,:rolleyes: I checked and the were received this morning.

Do yall think we will get it credited to our S&S on time?

oh, we sail 3 Weeks from Today!:D:D

The certificates have always said that---since when I first sailed in 2000.

Nope, never mailed them- Suppose if someone just gave them to me before I sailed-- Sorry I dont trust my hard earned money to the post office.

I have ALWAYS taken them with me and took them to the pursers desk to have them applied

PS- dont always believe everything carnival tells you;;

example - your tickets will tell you to arrive at 1:30. (which is in fact the most crowdest of the day)

arriving at the pier about 11am will et you on the ship by noon..

The first time I ordered the funship dollars, I did it over the phone. The guy on the phone told me to disregard the part that said they must be mailed in. He told me it would be fine to bring them to the ship. I have done that for the last 6 years and never had a problem.

I sent mine in and didnt have a problem with them being applied to my account. Its nice to have that already taken care of and one less thing to worry about when you get there.

How tight on time were you?

Our were received in Miami this morning, we said on the 23rd

(3 weeks)

If they were received yesterday it will be done before you board.

When I order the dollars it takes almost 10 days to receive it.

When the certificates say allow at least 2 weeks - its talking about receiving them. You should be fine.

When you board you should see it on your account -if not right away at least give them 24 hours. take all the documentation with you for proof.

Ok, so I called Carnival to see how they would answer my question last night about how the certificates are applied to booking once inside 90 days.

They said that I would have to put the entire cost of the cruise on my credit card and then send in the certificates for an on board credit.

I called again this morning and talked to a different agent and they said that they could credit my cruise with the fun ship dollars at the time of booking and then just send them in after booking, therefore keeping me from having to put the entire balalnce on my card.

I guess I will find out the true answer when I call my PVP tomorrow and book!!

Archived