6 ships in port...will Sea Grape Beach be crowded?

Morgan32

Lovemylife: Did you notice if the ferry was running to Rum Point from the Hyatt?? How much was the taxi to the Hyatt? What do you mean it only cost $20 pp and you got $15 back?? Did they give you the 15 in cash to do with as you please? Please answer, we leave in a week! Thanks.

Hi Vale, we were there most of the day and I never saw a ferry. You open a tab when you buy your day pass, for 35 dollars. You use 15 of that for food or drinks during your stay.

The chairs are canvas. Each chair has it's own individual sun shade. You do not sit on the sand.

I liked the Hyatt for the nice clean pools, and the lack of crowds. I'd go back in a heartbeat!!:) lml

ps taxi fare is $3 per person each way.

Bobby,

Thanks for the info! How were the food prices there?

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

I am sorry but I don't know about the food prices at Sea Grape. We were not hungry and did not buy any food. From glancing at the menu as I walked by once, I got the impression that the food was pricey but I don't remember any specifics. I wish I had a better answer for you.

Bobby

Very little is cheap in Grand Cayman, except for Stingray sandbar tours :(

1) Sea Grape Cafe menu - Courtyard Marriott next to Sea Grape Beach - they included gratuity. Conch fritters weren't a good value, I thought, hambugers and some other sandwiches looked like a better deal.

2) Sea Grape Beach Rentals and what chairs look like

3) Calico Jacks at Sea Grape Beach. There were a couple of canopy tents adjacent where you could eat or take the food wherever you wanted.

4) Calico Jack's menu - they don't include gratuity and prices are in Cayman dollars so multiple by 1.25.

The food isn't fast food - it takes a while depending on biz. You can download to PC for whopper-sized or print:

tAUn7GAGKowIYmUaCGgro3SQqeBIn5tR0300.jpg

kjofSw8GoTHag6yf+ufPbg+Aj9vPZ38L0300.jpg

XfnrYKigmiHfrqWkMIYz1RZFic0kYT2M0300.jpg

jy0rVhImhZe2+5noqVDN9yZH6WEdYGtn0300.jpg

Archived