Glory: Are Riviera cabins ok?

dnrcim

This is my family's (2 kids- age 8 & 5) 1st cruise. NY-Canada...July...5 days. Are these cabins ok? These seem to be the best prices, but I am assumming because they are not the best location on the ship. Any suggestions?

Lower decks have less motion, but try and get as far toward the middle of the ship as you can. Sure they are fine. They reason people dont like the Rivieria is because its less convenient and not as close to things ... longer elevator ride and too many decks to walk up or down the stairs generally.

Not a thing wrong with the deck, and your cabin will be identical to others on higher decks.

I've done Riviera deck cabins on both the Glory and her sister ship, the Conquest. I loved them. They are sandwiched between the crew quarters below and passenger cabins above, which means they are quieter than say, decks with something other than cabins above and below. There's less motion on the lower floors too.

You are further away from things : Riviera is 1, the bars are on 5, the Lido buffet and pools are on 9. Depending on the person, that could matter. It never mattered to me and being on the bottom level, the elevators were always empty when going up.

Lower decks have less motion, but try and get as far toward the middle of the ship as you can. Sure they are fine. They reason people dont like the Rivieria is because its less convenient and not as close to things ... longer elevator ride and too many decks to walk up or down the stairs generally.

Not a thing wrong with the deck, and your cabin will be identical to others on higher decks.

Thanks so much!

You are further away from things : Riviera is 1, the bars are on 5, the Lido buffet and pools are on 9. Depending on the person, that could matter. It never mattered to me and being on the bottom level, the elevators were always empty when going up.

Thanks for buffet/pool info....:)

Archived