Looking for good eats!

Krissta

So my group is going to be going on the Segway tour, and I was wondering if there was anyone who could give us a recommendation as to where we could have lunch. I know we'd all like to eat like locals to experience the island. :)

Thanks!

Eating places are few and far between there. Are you going to St. John's? We ate at a place kinda off the beaten path (what there is) at a pretty seedy looking local place, but the food was pretty decent and cheap. It's pretty much catch as catch can there. I believe there are two KFC's in St. J's (tho I only saw one) and that's it for fast food. Very few restaurants away from the resorts. I'll ask my wife if she remembers the name of that little hole in the wall place we ate. Seems like it was something very unique like Caribbean Grill or some such. :D. We never made it to the pier area when it was open, so can't say what's around there, but drove by it several times and the nice shop area seemed pretty small. What few eating places we saw (not counting the lone KFC) were grungy little hole in the wall places. Just gotta work up your nerve and give one a try;).

Have a great trip!

JHC

Eating places are few and far between there. Are you going to St. John's? We ate at a place kinda off the beaten path (what there is) at a pretty seedy looking local place, but the food was pretty decent and cheap. It's pretty much catch as catch can there. I believe there are two KFC's in St. J's (tho I only saw one) and that's it for fast food. Very few restaurants away from the resorts. I'll ask my wife if she remembers the name of that little hole in the wall place we ate. Seems like it was something very unique like Caribbean Grill or some such. :D. We never made it to the pier area when it was open, so can't say what's around there, but drove by it several times and the nice shop area seemed pretty small. What few eating places we saw (not counting the lone KFC) were grungy little hole in the wall places. Just gotta work up your nerve and give one a try;).

Have a great trip!

JHC

I did a lot of research, and I found a place called Papa Zouk that sounds awesome! Good local food and 200 kinds of rum. Should be fun. :D

I have had dinner several times at Papa Zouk's. Don't know if they do lunch, you would have to check. It is owned by Bert the German. No menu, no chalk board, he will tell you what they have that day. Fish and seafood done just right. Just be aware, cash only (USD or EC), no credit cards. If you fancy one of the really good rums, just check the price first, O.K.? It's on a side street off Dickenson Bay Road (which is nowhere near Dickenson Bay) half a block east of the lights at Pope's Head Road. There's a very deep ditch along Dickenson Bay Road. Take the only road bridge over it and Papa Zouk's will be on your right almost immediately.

I have had dinner several times at Papa Zouk's. Don't know if they do lunch, you would have to check. It is owned by Bert the German. No menu, no chalk board, he will tell you what they have that day. Fish and seafood done just right. Just be aware, cash only (USD or EC), no credit cards. If you fancy one of the really good rums, just check the price first, O.K.? It's on a side street off Dickenson Bay Road (which is nowhere near Dickenson Bay) half a block east of the lights at Pope's Head Road. There's a very deep ditch along Dickenson Bay Road. Take the only road bridge over it and Papa Zouk's will be on your right almost immediately.

Wow, awesome! Thanks so much. Now I just need to find out if they serve lunch...

Archived