Mariner - anybody stay in cabin 1392 on Deck 10?

Hi, I am new to the cruise critic web site and can't believe how much fun it is reading all of the postings! What a great source of info!

My husband and I (along with our 7 and 12 year olds) are planning our 2nd cruise on 9/5/04 (Eastern Carib) on the Mariner and got the aft cabin 1392, 10th level.

Does anyone know what the balcony is like? Any problem with soot? Does anyone know what the weather system is like this time of year? My mom went on a cruise in January and it rained the whole time.

I am having so much fun planning this cruise ... I even typed up a packing list on my computer. It lists everything from a cocktail dress right down to the dental floss.

icon_smile.gif

We didn't stay there, but visited friends who were in that cabin. The balcony was huge compared to ours . We were in a JS on the hump. Didn't hear them say anything about soot. We usually cruise in Sept. & the weather has always been great for us. We have had a rain shower or two, but they never lasted very long.

Triumph Dec.2,2000

Triumph Sept.8,2001

Spirit Dec.5,2001

Victory Sept.29,2002

Pride May 10,2003

Glory Inaugural July 14,2003

Grand Princess Sept. 28,2003

Mariner of the Seas Dec.14.2003

Mariner of the Seas Sept. 19, 2004

Jewel of the Seas Nov.14 2004

http://community.webshots.com/user/mikeandkarren

http://community.webshots.com/user/realman112

Your stateroom connects with another stateroom. If that doesn't bother you, then NO problem. Personally, we try to stay away from those because we can occasionally hear noises from under the door (TV, loud talking). Feel like I don't have privacy. Others have reported having no trouble with connecting staterooms and noise. I guess it is just a personal choice.

Your balcony should be great since you are putting 4 in the stateroom. Plenty of space out there for those to relax and get out of the way of those getting ready. If you have girls, it is usually Dad out on the balcony. icon_biggrin.gif

Have you considered sleeping arrangements? The stateroom has the two beds that fit together, forming a Queen bed. A sofa bed is the only other sleeping area. Hopefully, your children don't mind sharing a bed.

<MARQUEE>Are you sailing on the Mariner 7/18/04?...Click here! icon_cool.gif

or HERE! icon_wink.gif

</MARQUEE>

Disney Wonder 3/2000 ~ Disney Magic 9/2000 ~ RCI Vision 2/2001 ~ Carnival Victory 12/2001 ~ Celebrity Millennium 3/2003 ~ RCI Adventure OTS 9/2003 ~ RCI Mariner OTS 7/18/2004 ~ RCI Serenade OTS 9/26/2004

We were in 1392 in Dec. The cabin was regular D1 size, balcony was big! Unlike most others, we didn't care for the aft. I like to be right over the water. I found it very distracting to be looking down on the cabins below and we could hear conversations from balconies several floors below us. I know I have a problem focusing (LOL) so probably didn't notice the water as much as everything going on around us! I did walk out the first night in my robe while getting ready for dinner and when I walked to the rail, I was startled to be almost in the face of the man next door. We are traveling in 1320 on the hump next year, figure I can concentrate more on the ocean that way. By the way, with 4 I think the room is going to feel a little cramped but you probably won't spend much time there. Enjoy the Mariner she is a BEAUTY!

Thanks for your replies! icon_biggrin.gif

I didn't realize there was an adjoining room (I'll have to stick a towel on the bottom of the door or something to muffle noises).

Our kids don't mind sharing a bed and have never complained, but this will be the last year. They grow so fast!

Have a good one!

gattfamily - The only time we had an adjoining stateroom was on the Vision. Maybe soundproofing is better on the new ships. Now, hotels are a different story! I will have to remember the towel trick.

<MARQUEE>Are you sailing on the Mariner 7/18/04?...Click here! icon_cool.gif

or HERE! icon_wink.gif

</MARQUEE>

Disney Wonder 3/2000 ~ Disney Magic 9/2000 ~ RCI Vision 2/2001 ~ Carnival Victory 12/2001 ~ Celebrity Millennium 3/2003 ~ RCI Adventure OTS 9/2003 ~ RCI Mariner OTS 7/18/2004 ~ RCI Serenade OTS 9/26/2004

Archived