Good hotels near JAX port?

We are going on the Fascination im May. I was wondering if anyone knoew of any good hotels to stay at the night before. I was looking for somewhere near the port, that would allow us to park, and provide a shuttle for dropoff, and pickup. My fiance (will be wife by then) talked to one hotel that offered a shuttle for $36. I figured some may offer it free with hotel stay.

We are going on the Fascination im May. I was wondering if anyone knoew of any good hotels to stay at the night before. I was looking for somewhere near the port, that would allow us to park, and provide a shuttle for dropoff, and pickup. My fiance (will be wife by then) talked to one hotel that offered a shuttle for $36. I figured some may offer it free with hotel stay.

Holiday Inn Express (on New Berlin Rd) is the closest motel to the cruise port and offers park and cruise packages.

There are several hotels near the airport that offer park and cruise packages as well. We have stayed at the Clarion Airport and Conference Center twice (ask for a tower room), once using the park and cruise package and once free with our Choice Hotel points. We have also stayed at the Microtel near the airport. Both good choices that we would (and probably will) use again. Other choices near the airport include Travelodge, Best Western, and Hilton Garden Inn.

Do a search on the Florida Departures board for more suggestions.

• 1 month later...
We stayed at the Microtel Inn near the airport. Very clean and friendly staff. They offer a park and cruise package if you need it as well.

I recently stayed at a Microtel in Tuncia,MS. While it was SPOTLESS and the staff helpful and all that,the bed was horrible! I wrote on Tripadvisor Ive slept outside on the ground more comfy than that. My roomie is less concerned with that,as she is the cleanliness of the place. So were the beds ok?

TY

BTW, OP, I reserved this room straight through the hotel's website and we're only paying 37.00 for the night.

I recently stayed at a Microtel in Tuncia,MS. While it was SPOTLESS and the staff helpful and all that,the bed was horrible! I wrote on Tripadvisor Ive slept outside on the ground more comfy than that. My roomie is less concerned with that,as she is the cleanliness of the place. So were the beds ok?

TY

BTW, OP, I reserved this room straight through the hotel's website and we're only paying 37.00 for the night.

We stayed at the Jax Microtel in November 2008. We thought the bed was very comfy!

2665028130101116058S600x600Q85.jpg

(If you click on the picture above, it will take you to my webshots album for Jax Microtel. Just click on "full album" or "slideshow.")

Thanks for that. I think I've seen your pics before.:) DH and I both loved the window seat in the room we were in. {a dbl queen} Do you know if the window opens? Im a smoker and dont want to choke out my roomie if I light up while getting ready.

Thanks for that. I think I've seen your pics before.:) DH and I both loved the window seat in the room we were in. {a dbl queen} Do you know if the window opens? Im a smoker and dont want to choke out my roomie if I light up while getting ready.

I don't know for sure - but it appears from my pictures (the ones on webshots and the ones I didn't upload there) that there may be screens on the right side of the double windows and that perhaps the windows on that side slide to open. Not much reason to have screens otherwise, so I would say good chance the windows open. Quick phone call to the motel might confirm this.

We stayed at the HYATT PLACE AIRPORT at JAX back in October. We loved it! They offer shuttle service to/from airport, but not to the cruise port. It cost me $25 for the 4 of us to take a taxi to the port from the hotel.

This hotel is fairly new and very nice! The room was spacious, the continental breakfast plentiful and the staff was fantastic! I booked this hotel via Priceline and got it for $45!!!

I highly recommend this hotel for a pre-cruise stay!

:cool:Bill

Archived