Bamboo Beach Club

jburke1566

Have to agree with Janet and John above. The Bamboo Beach Club may be for you, but it depends on what you want and what you like.

Our tour began at 9 a.m. and ended around 1:30 p.m.. (because our bus was about 30 minutes late coming to pick us up).

*The staff was great. Always bringing around food and drinks - very nice.

*Be warned that the food service starts almost right away. If you go to the club directly (and not after Dunn's River Falls), don't eat breakfast before you go. I found the food to be OK. I really enjoyed the jerk chicken, though.

* We are not big drinkers. However, if you are, the drinks are strong and plentiful and you can manage to get your money's worth out of the trip. Several people got a bit drunk and loud, which doesn't bother me (you see that on the ship every day).

* We are from Florida, so we know beaches. The beach at the Bamboo Beach Club is not nice. The sand is not quality and there really is no "beach" to speak of. Further, it was windy and the surf was rough. No one was able to do anything more than put their feet into the water at the edge. There appeared to be quite a bit of coral at water's edge as well. So, if you are looking for a trip where you can swim and enjoy an open, pretty beach, this is probably not for you....although maybe the ocean is swimmable if the winds die down (my experience is that parts of Jamaica are windy almost all year round).

* The staff did their best to entertain us. Some of the dancers were good. The singer was enjoyable. I would not call them professional entertainers, but they were entertaining....like I said before, they really tried to make everyone happy.

Overall, we would not do this again. However, keep in mind that we live in Florida, so going to the beach and seeing the ocean are not a big deal to us. Drinking is not our favorite sport. For those who live up north, this could be great for you. You sit in a chair, get served, learn a little bit about the culture and food, and enjoy the air and sound of the ocean. You have the option to get up and dance if you like. If you are looking for a great beach or a place to swim, make another choice. If you don't plan to eat or drink much, you can get a better deal elsewhere.

What kind of food did they serve??

• 3 months later...

Archived