Dream Balcony divider question

extcat

With the exception of the balcony cabins on the Main Deck, the Coves, the dividers open allowing you to have that 'party balcony' you're interested in!

:)

Isn't there some self imposed maximum amount of dividers that are allowed to be open Mach or is that internet folklore? :confused:

I cant speak for the Dream but I can tell you that when I tried to research the same question about the Liberty I drove myself crazy with all the conflicting info.

I was told:

The cabin steward would do it upon request.

The cabin steward would not do it.

If a person from each room made the request at guest services they would open it.

If it blocks one of the doors they wont cause its a fire hazard.

The captain would only allow a certain number open.

They wont open them for you.

They will only open it in port.

It may take a day or two to get them open.

Its a security issue.

On Liberty they dont block the door.

On Liberty they do block the door.

All this conflicting info was driving me nuts. We had adjoining balcony rooms(DW and 3 boys). Finally I found an old post where someone said you can unlock them with an old ford truck key (1/2 inch wide). I brought an old Ford key of that size and it worked. When we 1st went to the room I opened them for sail away. Couple min later the room steward came to introduce himself. He saw them open and hinted that I couldnt leave it open. I told I would not be leaving it open.

I was able to open and close the divider whenever I wanted. It remained closed 90% of the time but if we were in port and having drinks out there I would open it.

I also like that I could swing the divider to block the the boys door. I only allowed them access to the balcony through my room and only when I was present. It worked out perfectly that way.

Im not sure what the response would have been if I asked the staff to open it for me. I do know that no matter how they handled my request it would not have worked out as well as me being able to open and close it myself.

A little digging and I find this. It shows 12204 balcony connects to 12202 and that is all is says.??

https://www.bookccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/DR_SpaDeck.htm

12204 8S OSTW 185/35 = 220 sq ft Beds: twin/king / rab: 0 View: window and balcony Balcony partition connects to: 12202 Bathroom: shower-toilet-sink Features: flat screen-TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; sofa and coffee table; Balcony features: 2 patio chairs and table Note: Spa Stateroom / Non-Smoking

It also shows the other 2 will connect but I would gather the third one will not.

12206 8S OSTW 185/35 = 220 sq ft

Beds: twin/king / rab: 0

View: window and balcony Balcony partition connects to: 12208

Bathroom shower-toilet-sink

Features: flat screen-TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; sofa and coffee table; Balcony features: 2 patio chairs and table

Note: Spa Stateroom / Non-Smoking

• 5 months later...
Finally I found an old post where someone said you can unlock them with an old ford truck key (1/2 inch wide). I brought an old Ford key of that size and it worked. Im not sure what the response would have been if I asked the staff to open it for me. I do know that no matter how they handled my request it would not have worked out as well as me being able to open and close it myself.

I would love to know where you found this key! I've been on the Conquest many times (8) and have been told different things each cruise! We love to share the balcony, and are sometimes successful with getting the steward to open it at least part of the time. I would only use this key if it was necessary.

Thanks!

Archived