Where is the "Mahogany Bay" pier

SeaPA1

Where on the island (roughly) is the new Carnival pier? I'm pretty familiar with the island - traveled there numerous times from the early 90s through around 2003, but haven't been back on the island in about 4 or 5 years. Just curious where it is located, I'm not familiar with the name Mahogany Bay.

Where on the island (roughly) is the new Carnival pier? I'm pretty familiar with the island - traveled there numerous times from the early 90s through around 2003, but haven't been back on the island in about 4 or 5 years. Just curious where it is located, I'm not familiar with the name Mahogany Bay.

Are you familiar where the rusty shipwreck was (just off the shore, past the airport?) That is the location... I haven't been back since they opened the dock, but they sure were doing LOTS of work there! The beach is the same one that used to be Coral Cay, I believe.

Are you familiar where the rusty shipwreck was (just off the shore, past the airport?) That is the location... I haven't been back since they opened the dock, but they sure were doing LOTS of work there! The beach is the same one that used to be Coral Cay, I believe.

Going east from the airport, like towards French Harbour? I remember a couple of old rusted shipwrecks in that direction, one close by & another further east (closer to French Harbour/Fantasy Island).

I never knew exactly where Coral Cay was but know the general area; so it's that property?

Going east from the airport, like towards French Harbour? I remember a couple of old rusted shipwrecks in that direction, one close by & another further east (closer to French Harbour/Fantasy Island).

I never knew exactly where Coral Cay was but know the general area; so it's that property?

Here is a picture of the wreck...you can see the dredge and construction in the background. I think it's the one that you're thinking of...about 4 miles east of the Port of Roatan, on the opposite side of Coxen Hole.

mbmb.gif

Archived