Formal night(s) on Dream

alwysonvctn

I am so confused about the dining. Can you eat in any restaurant any night with just resort casual on the Dream. Some people in our party does not want to dress up in formal attire and they just want to make sure there is a restaurant they can still eat at. They do not want to eat at the buffet.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

The way I understand it is that there will be one formal night which formal wear is required in all rest, and one optional formal night in which only one rest. requires formal wear. The remainder of the nights resort casual is required in all dining areas, no jeans or shorts.

The way I understand it is that there will be one formal night which formal wear is required in all rest, and one optional formal night in which only one rest. requires formal wear.

Though I've only had one sailing with NCL, the rules are the same on all ships. Freestyle Dining - there are no required formal nights; however, there is one optional.

In the spirit of freestyle dining, it is resort casual every night; however, you may also dress in formal attire on the optional night, or on as many nights as you wish. (It was our cruise, so we made formal nights both Tuesday and Wednesday!)

OK, thats why I asked, I obviously don't understand. I guess I just associated the Captains party on the second night with formal night like on Carnival. Now looking at the dailies from ontheseas.com, I see it doesn't state that it is a formal night just the Captains party.

OK, thats why I asked, I obviously don't understand. I guess I just associated the Captains party on the second night with formal night like on Carnival. Now looking at the dailies from ontheseas.com, I see it doesn't state that it is a formal night just the Captains party.

I also was on that site and did you notice that at the top of the Dailys it says formal attire and at the top of the other Dailys it says resort casual and there is one day it says optional formal. I was wondering why it didn't say optional formal on both nights??

Thanks for all the answers

I also was on that site and did you notice that at the top of the Dailys it says formal attire and at the top of the other Dailys it says resort casual and there is one day it says optional formal. I was wondering why it didn't say optional formal on both nights??

Now I see it, that must be where I got that idea. I am planning to dress in formal wear on the first formal night and then a bit less on the optional night, a cocktail dress. Can't wait, only one week left!

On the first formal night the majority of the woman wore long dresses and the men wore tuxes or dark suits. On the 2nd optional night there was still more of the passengers wearing formal attire than not. Either night is appropiate for less formal wear and the sportsbar buffet was always available as an alternate.

Now I see it, that must be where I got that idea. I am planning to dress in formal wear on the first formal night and then a bit less on the optional night, a cocktail dress. Can't wait, only one week left!

We will be getting on when your getting off the ship. Have fun

We were usually able to walk right in and find a table without too much difficulty. We tended to eat an early breakfast (8:00). We never had to wait more than 5 minutes . Twice there were lines when we had early port days.

At lunch and dinner there were more options so there was never a problem.

And if I want to wear a tux everynight, is that not allowed? Aren't all the other nights optional formal?

;) ;)

-Monte

Absolutely! In accordance with the spirit of freestyle, you may dress formal every night! (We made two formal nights on an oprional-one-formal-night cruise!)

Archived