Ship Specific Threads

ladycaveat

I've been on CC since May 2003 and it seems the Carvival threads have become so "ship specific" that I don't read two thirds of them. Threads used to be a lot more general . . . pertaining to all the ships in Carnival's fleet. Do you know what I mean? Things like . . . what are the hot tubs like, how are the buffet lines, chair hogs, etc. etc. When I do read threads about a ship I've been on or plan to go on . . . it usually could relate to all of Carnival's ships.

Don't mean to sound negative . . . I don't even respond to negative posts, let alone write one. I just wonder why the threads have become so different.

I think it depends on the ship.

On this board, I seem to remember the MIRACLE thread had the most posts. Others were started, but never seemed to have the same clout.

Over on RCCL, there is an Explorer of the Seas thread that has over 100,000 posts.

Then there are the two new ships, that have their own SUB-forum: RCCL's Oasis, and NCL's Whatever-it's-Called".

These only survive if people post to them. I only read them if I'm there from the beginning. Otherwise, something that big is usually passed.

Archived