Newlywed Game

akmart

We were just sitting in the audience...they asked for anyone who was newly married...married a long time and sort of in the middle.... we put our hands up for the middle aged couple...We had our matching Roots Canada shirts on and they thought that was funny so we were picked....sort of a random thing I think on most ships

Ooh, I really want to play this game!! We've been married for two years, but have never lived together because I was in Iraq for the first year of our marriage and he is there for the second year. Do you think we could play as newlyweds?

Ooh, I really want to play this game!! We've been married for two years, but have never lived together because I was in Iraq for the first year of our marriage and he is there for the second year. Do you think we could play as newlyweds?

probably not...there always seems to be a couple on their honeymoon on board and they always pick the most recently, newly, wed.

When we were on the Sensation, for the middle couple they chose a couple who had been married 7 years (7-year itch, I guess).

On Sovereign of the Seas in 2000, for the middle couple they had several volunteer. They did some contest (I don't remember exactly what it was) basically to find out who was the most outrageously entertaining and that was who they chose for the middle couple.

For the others it is always the most recently married and the longest married.

DW and I were chosen on the Conquest a couple of years ago. On stage they placed three boxes to put your name, state and cabin #. One box was for couples who had been married less than 1 year. The next box was for couples who had been married 1-10 years. Then the final box was for couples who had been married over 10 years. One couple was drawn from each box.

A newlywed couple was drawn, we were drawn and a couple that had been married 35 years were drawn. DW and I had already decided to have fun with this if we were drawn. It was outrageously funny. I could hear the crowd roaring in laughter and some of the people that I could see in the first couple of rows were wiping tears from the cheeks from laughter. If you happened to be on the Carnival Conquest on the 2/16/2003 sail date you may well remember.

I was questioned by various pasengers throughout the cruise if we were part of an act on the game. Ask by a couple of groups if my DW had left me yet. One group of passengers walked by, while I was knocking on my DM-in laws door, and stated "she won't let you in now will she". I'm sure they all had as much fun as we did. I would love to do it again.

It was more fun than being called "Spoonman" which was attached to me during our Carnival Celebration March 2004 cruise. Another fun game on the ships. The little gal next to me accidently flashed the audience. I had no hand in it though....I mean it wasn't my fault, the man on the other side of her pulled the rope up a little to far.

Archived