Girlfriends cruise!

jjamiestar

My best friend and I are planning a cruise for the end of February but not booking until mid January. Is this risky in regards of the ships being booked up or more costly? This is my first cruise and I couldn't be more excited! Any cruise tips/tricks are much needed!

Iv found last minute rates to be as good as if you booked a year and a half ago so far. I dont think you will have any trouble finding a good deal. My Jan 23rd cruise, the price is now exactly what I paid ES rate if I booked a IS guarantee.

You might not have as much pick of cabins, but go and have fun.

One of the benefits to booking early is cabin location. I booked my first cruise one month prior and ended up in a rocky aft cabin. But if motion sickness is not a concern of yours......then wait it out because last minute deals are great.

You can book as long as there are cabins available....I've seen cruises available up to 4 days prior....you just have to worry about the airfare!

Enjoy your first cruise!

Oh that is so good to hear! How last minute can a person book a cruise?

The morning of the cruise, but you need someone to push it thru if you book that late, Im told its a little more work for whomever books you so late.

About 8 days out seems to be the best deals if you are flexible about your date, but if you are flying in, that might not do. You might need to book air and firm up plans, depends on where you are coming from. Im only 5 hours from a port driving.

Look at the specials on the Canrival site, for the pack no go rates, that start on Wednesday. .. end by Friday. You cant see them until Wednesday for this week if you want to get a idea what last minute guarantees might run. A guarantee, you let Carnival pick your cabin, but they are awesome rates usually.

All I need is a bed and a place to get ready at night. We are 2 gals in our late 20's who are ditching our men for the week and are ready for a good time! Location isn't as important as the cost of the cruise.

jjamiestar....Good for you two! Go and have a great time. Sometimes it is good to just "wing it" and see what happens. Oh, to be 20 again! Let us know how you make out! Have fun!!

Archived