How are the inside cabins cat N?

• 4 weeks later...

We will be in an inside room. It was inside or no Oasis. From what I am reading there will be plenty to keep me occupied outside my room. We always book interior. We used to do the balcony thing but have decided to use our money elsewhere. It is individual choice.

Just got off Oasis Saturday in a Category L, which is the same cabin, just in different locations and a connecting cabin (which I did not need, just got assigned to one). I have to tell you this is probably one of the best insides I ever got. Minimal noise from connecting cabin. Contrary to what I've been reading on the boards, this cabin had the bed straight ahead as we entered it--in other words, the bed was opposite the door, not sideways. Bath on the right, decent sized, closet backing onto the bath, couch also on right next to the closet and then you hit the foot of the bed. Good lighting, only three drawers but lots of shelves in the closet including upper clothes bar straight across, many shelves and safe on the right side, lower clothes bar on the left side of closet. Overhead lights, lights over nighttables, and little muted blue pinlights over two prints on the walls--which were enough light for me to negotiate with when DH was sleeping (actually, it was kind of like a candle glow and very nice). Also a light over desk area, and numerous little cabinets and hidey holes to stick stuff in. Two magazines racks on the wall to stick paperwork and Compasses in--pretty nifty. Plenty of room to move around with this layout, but I can't tell you which layout is in which cabin. We were in a great location, on deck nine right near the forward steps, so all we had to do is step out and run down one flight and we were in Central Park to check the weather (blissfully, gorgeous all week). And there is so much to do and so many places to hang outside that we weren't in there much except to sleep, change clothes and relax a bit. I have photos but I am still in FL so I can put those up next week. Hope it helps--ask if you have questions.

Just got off Oasis Saturday in a Category L, which is the same cabin, just in different locations and a connecting cabin (which I did not need, just got assigned to one). I have to tell you this is probably one of the best insides I ever got. Minimal noise from connecting cabin. Contrary to what I've been reading on the boards, this cabin had the bed straight ahead as we entered it--in other words, the bed was opposite the door, not sideways. Bath on the right, decent sized, closet backing onto the bath, couch also on right next to the closet and then you hit the foot of the bed. Good lighting, only three drawers but lots of shelves in the closet including upper clothes bar straight across, many shelves and safe on the right side, lower clothes bar on the left side of closet. Overhead lights, lights over nighttables, and little muted blue pinlights over two prints on the walls--which were enough light for me to negotiate with when DH was sleeping (actually, it was kind of like a candle glow and very nice). Also a light over desk area, and numerous little cabinets and hidey holes to stick stuff in. Two magazines racks on the wall to stick paperwork and Compasses in--pretty nifty. Plenty of room to move around with this layout, but I can't tell you which layout is in which cabin. We were in a great location, on deck nine right near the forward steps, so all we had to do is step out and run down one flight and we were in Central Park to check the weather (blissfully, gorgeous all week). And there is so much to do and so many places to hang outside that we weren't in there much except to sleep, change clothes and relax a bit. I have photos but I am still in FL so I can put those up next week. Hope it helps--ask if you have questions.

Do you think it would be crowded in Category L for 4 people?

I've done a 145 sq. ft. inside previously with my son who was 18 at the time and we worked it out, but it was cozy. If the two kids are small I'd say you're OK, but a bit of shower juggling and clothes arranging would be needed. How old are the kids?

I just booked a cat "Q" for Allure- great price for January, and wondered why all the other interiors are labeled "Large Interior" and the "Q" is just an "interior".

States the "Q" is 172 sq feet- but nothing noted for all the others.

Anybody sail in a "Q" on the Oasis that can shed some light.

Thankx

I would think you can manage with two pre-teens in the room, considering they probably won't be there too much and hopefully not too messy??!!

OK--here's the scoop. The Q is 149 square feet (smaller inside) and all the others (larger insides) are 182 square feet. However, the RCI booking engine shows that all insides are 182 square feet. The schematics of the ship show the true size. I had a Q (because it was cheaper) but when I saw the booking engine showed them all the same size (rather than smaller) I called RCI and questioned it. They confirmed the Q was smaller. I complained at that point that the website was very deceptive and that I thought they were the same size when I booke the Q, and they moved me to an L at the same price. They said they were changing the website to show the correct footage for the L and apparently, they never did. I'd call them and complain that you booked a Q thinking it was 182 sq. feet and now found out it was smaller, and wanted an complimentary upgrade of the cabin to the larger one!

I found the price difference between booking two separate, connecting rooms for the four of us and booking all four in one room to be "relatively" small. I think maybe $500 or so. There was not much of a 3rd/4th person in a room discount.

My kids are 8 and 14, and I figured that that extra bathroom would be well worth that price rather than the 4 of us sharing and trying to coordinate in one.

I usually try to book the cheapest, inside cabins possible. I am just happy to be on the ship.

• 2 weeks later...

We were in 9153. Great location. Only possible drawback was that it was next to crew stairs, but we didn't hear a thing except the first afternoon when they were bringing up luggage (crew elevator opposite the stairs, of course, behind closed doors, but we saw in enough times). There may have been noise the last night too when they brought luggage down, but I assume we were so sound asleep I didn't hear a thing.

I posted my cabin pics on this board--under something like "As promised inside cabin pictures!"

Archived