Does X Offer "Laundry Challenge" Anymore?

PelicanLvr

DW and I are off on a BtoB on Summit this Saturday. Last year on Connie X offered an "all you can stuff in the bag" laundry special for $29 late in the cruise.

That would come in handy on a BtoB. We were wondering if anyone has seen that being offered recently?

Thanks for the info.

DW and I are off on a BtoB on Summit this Saturday. Last year on Connie X offered an "all you can stuff in the bag" laundry special for $29 late in the cruise.

That would come in handy on a BtoB. We were wondering if anyone has seen that being offered recently?

Thanks for the info.

Hi PelicanLvr !

Im almost certain Celebrity no longer offers the fill the bag option.

However, they now offer a complimentary bag of Laundry for Elite Members.... which is a great benefit ! For Select Members, they have a $20 Laundry bag, for sailings of 12 nights or longer.

I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

Yes, there was a stuff-a-bag special for, I think, $35 on the 12/11 Summit.

Thats interesting. I'm pretty sure they did not offer it on Constellation in November. Thanks for the information.

Cindy - Thanks for the info.

BTW, LOVED your photo review of your cruise. Can't wait to go!

Thanks! I'm rather jealous of your b2b, especially when I'm sitting home in the cold looking at white stuff on the ground that is NOT sand!

Have a great time.

Thats interesting. I'm pretty sure they did not offer it on Constellation in November. Thanks for the information.

It was just a quick mention in the daily guide. Something like asking why you'd want to take dirty laundry home with you. I'm sure it was pretty easy to miss.

It was just a quick mention in the daily guide. Something like asking why you'd want to take dirty laundry home with you. I'm sure it was pretty easy to miss.

Yes, I think it was in the half page insert that they have that has all sorts of stuff that we would rather blow off. I think the daily 4 pager is printed well ahead of time and then the inserts are printed more daily/cruise specific. These little slips are not to be confused with the full page spa/jewelry/art promotions. They do occasionly have some stuff in them that you might miss.

yes, it was a "coupon" for the daily specials. Having kids, I was pretty much able to get most of their stuff done, as their clothing is smaller. :). I was so excited about this, as there is no laundry on the Solstice that I could find (some other cruise lines have coin machines). Yes, I know I am crazy, but I like doing laundry near the end of a vacation as I have enough to do when I get home and dont need to have to do laundry as well.

Hi PelicanLvr !

Im almost certain Celebrity no longer offers the fill the bag option.

However, they now offer a complimentary bag of Laundry for Elite Members.... which is a great benefit ! For Select Members, they have a $20 Laundry bag, for sailings of 12 nights or longer.

I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

Thanks for the laundry info as i am travelling on after my cruise. I don't want to take dirrty laundry.

By the way it is a beautiful blue sky day about 26c here in sunny Sydney Australia

Elclipe 7th May 2010 can't wait;)

We've done this before when we could do it early to mid-cruise, usually with a Captains Club coupon.

While the $29 is a good price you can't fit tons into the paper sack (paper sacks only on the special). Even with very careful packing I've only gotten about something in the mid to upper $40 range. A nice discount but nothing to keep me from having my laundry done on board if the special isn't available.

Besides, on most Celebrity cruises they don't do any pressing with the bag of laundry specials. At least not on the Connie or Equinox. But if you pay the piece rate then pants and appropriate shirts and other items come back pressed and on hangers.

The bag of laundry was offered on the 12/14 Equinox 10 day Caribbean. I think it was 2 or 3 days before the end of the cruise.

We were on that cruise as well. It was $24.95 and I managed to fill it up with about 25 items. You can put as much as you want in as long as you don't tear the bag. I lay everything flat on the bed and then roll each item up starting with the small things. Fill every corner, nook and cranny first.

Archived