SOTS vs AOTS

Both of these leave out of San Juan, one on 4/17 and the other on 4/18... We have never sailed RCI, what do you think the reason for such a different pricing on these two and which ship would a couple with a 4 year old enjoy the most?? This will be our 8 or 9 cruise and have been to most of the islands, so really just looking for a different experience by being on a different line and a good price... sat to sat is just favored by us!

Both of these leave out of San Juan, one on 4/17 and the other on 4/18... We have never sailed RCI, what do you think the reason for such a different pricing on these two and which ship would a couple with a 4 year old enjoy the most?? This will be our 8 or 9 cruise and have been to most of the islands, so really just looking for a different experience by being on a different line and a good price... sat to sat is just favored by us!

SOTS is 90,000 ton ship and AOS is 138,000 ton ship. The main difference in the two is the Adventure has an ice skating rink with ice skating shows and it has the Royal Promenade. The AOS began cruising in 2001 and SOTS in 2003. I would think the AOS would be better........but I like bigger ships. I'm sure you will enjoy either.

Have not been on Adventure but have been on Navigator and Voyager two of her sister ships. Have also been on Serenade.

Looking at Itineraries I'd say both are good.... I'd give a slight edge to Adventure but that's just IMHO.

Not sure what your past cruises have been but we enjoy the Voyager class ships much more than we liked Serenade. Serenade is a beautiful ship and fine crew but for us what really Seperates RCCL from other lines is the Royal Promenade and Ice Rink etc... so without these features we felt a little but like we could have been on any other cruise line.

Archived